Wonders

Perhaps 'Restrict Wonders by Alignment' could be a game option on the Custom Game screen which would be automatically checked.

I'm not sure if this would be a 'wonder', but are we doing anything for the Dead Men of Duharrow? They were neat in the books, and fore poeple who learned LoTR from the movies, they are even more prominant. Could they be a 'Aragorn only' type wonder?

Best wishes,

Breunor

I think the oathbreakers would really be cool to have in the mod but like xmen said it would be tricky to limit it. We could make it something for Gondor and Arnor though (since the oad could be summoned by a descendant of Isildur which all leaders from Gondor and Arnor in this mod are). The question would be what would the oathbreakers do because I would like something more limited that they won't stay forever. Maybe they can only be summoned ones and die after a number of turns. Another possibility is to do something with a civ specific event which randomly chooses if they fight for you now (and answer the call while they are still human) or that they refuse and you can curse them and at a later point call upon them (in the way a word spell works for example but than only activated after a certain while). Maybe even add another option with benefits if you do not curse them if they refuse.

All good ideas, Berethor!

I was thinking they could be used by the Aragorn leader if possible; otherwise, it is Gondor or Arnor liek yous ay. They would be a late game ritual or wonder. Ideally, they would be triggered by something bad in the past, but I think this idea is too hard to make work in practice.

My idea was similar to your first one, that they are a powerhouse unit that are only around a few turns; or possibly, that they are (from a programming standpoint) a one use item like the healing salve in FfH. I was thinking their ability would be to be a stack attack (from a programming standpoint, like a crown of command or pillar of fire from Chalid in FfH) but more powerful as a one use item.

I don't think it is hard to incorporate them. I think the harder part is balance, if Aragorn or Gondor can get it, what do other players get to compensate?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Maybe it could be a project that lets you remove one, maybe 2 units from the game (to make it significant enough perhaps the unit has to have strength over a certain level) and after a certain number of turns (say 100) you could bring them back with another project. They would exist until the turn they fight a battle, and they can fight up to say 3 times on that turn. Every fight for them would be a guaranteed victory. At the end of the turn they would vanish forever.

I think you shouldn't limit it to Aragorn, it should be available to all Arnor or Gondor leaders (and should be a World Project).

Agreed, that would be a bit more than fair.

Maybe it could be a project that lets you remove one, maybe 2 units from the game (to make it significant enough perhaps the unit has to have strength over a certain level) and after a certain number of turns (say 100) you could bring them back with another project. They would exist until the turn they fight a battle, and they can fight up to say 3 times on that turn. Every fight for them would be a guaranteed victory. At the end of the turn they would vanish forever.

I think you shouldn't limit it to Aragorn, it should be available to all Arnor or Gondor leaders (and should be a World Project).

This sounds very interesting!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hello, everyone.

Just an LotR enthusiast suggestion:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, but it would be nice and fitting to have famous Dwarven smiths's forges or mines as their National Wonders. I'd have to go look for them in the lore, but I'm almost certain there was a great Dwarven smith that taught Ëol some stuff.

Anyway just a thought.

Indeed. Perhaps that for one Dwarf civ, and a Dwarven Hoard for the other.

Top Bottom