1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Wondrous Wonders (Updated for Rise and Fall!) 2.0.0

Adds National Wonders and overhauls World Wonders.

1. Magil

Magil Monarch

If you're interested, I have a version of this on the Steam Workshop that includes the World Wonders overhaul only, with some of them slightly rebalanced to account for the fact that National Wonders are not included in the same version.

I'll have a look at the translation--currently I'm working on another large-scale mod project, but I intend to give this mod some updating in the near future.

2. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

Do you need a German translation of the World Wonders mod? I could provide one once you update everything you want.

3. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'll do my best to include it and credit you if you want to provide one--I can't do translations myself but I'll put the files in and make sure it's working.

4. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Hi Magil

Downloaded the World wonders component from Steam and it seems you have an invalid reference in the modinfo file. It's to a file that is not present in the mod: NationalWonders/NationalWondersIcons.xml

\Skodkim

5. Magil

Magil Monarch

Thanks, I've updated the version on Steam and that shouldn't happen anymore (the file was irrelevant, but it's good to keep the modinfo clean of that stuff).

skodkim likes this.
  6. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Chieftain

Anyone else having issues with Terracota Army? I found after building this I was getting crash to desktop issues when I try to take over another city. I've tried multiple other cities, different units, looked for spies stuck someplace, etc. My current guess is that having the extra unit spawn when I take the city is causing some issue. I haven't been able to isolate it for sure to this, but I've commented out all the terracotta changes and will see if I get stuck with the same issue this next game.

7. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

I don't know what the heck is going on, but even after deleting mutually exclusive bits I can't build some national wonders in the capital. You see, it bugs out SOMEWHERE, but for the life of me I can't figure out where.

the logs just say:
    Code:
    database.log
    [1168149.379] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Types.Type
    [1168149.381] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') values (?, ?);'
    [1168149.383] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') with  values (BUILDING_NATIONAL_LIBRARY, KIND_BUILDING, ).
    [1168149.386] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Types from file NationalWonders.xml.
    [1168149.388] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Types.Type

modding.log
    [1168149.376] Status: UpdateDatabase - Loading NationalWonders/NationalWonders.xml
    [1168149.392] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading XML.
    Seems to me that the value ain't unique... but I can't find any file that would have the same name "BUILDING_NATIONAL_LIBRARY" in any other mods. Except maybe Lee's buildings, but I don't have that s.hit active because I can't get it to work. But then again I can't even shut down this mod, as all it would do is missing texts and arts, but the national wonders still stay where they are and can be built. I mean what the actual F? Even deleting cache doesn't do squat. Is the game keeping mod info somewhere ELSE? Coz... ModUserData folder is always empty..

Edit:
    I've changed the name BUILDING_NATIONAL_LIBRARY to BUILDING_NATIONAL_LIBRAR in all files. Now there's error on BUILDING_NATIONAL_COLLEGE. Only because it's the second one in the list of wonders. I don't know what the F is going on, but it SEEMS like it took the Wondrous Wonders folder I first deposited in the mods folder, shuffled it out of my sight somewhere safe, and uses it despite everything, no matter if I modify, deactivate or even delete the cursed thing, it's still in the game in it's original state! HOW?!?

Edit 2:
    Good lord, I found NationalWonders.xml in the data folder of the game itself. No wonder it screwed me over each time. Though I can only wonder how it got there.. maybe I accidentally copied it there with some backups..

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. clack

clack Chieftain

Hello, please update your mod on this site. Thank you very much in advance!

9. Magil

Magil Monarch

clack likes this.
  10. qadams

qadams Bohemian

Did you make a change to Stonehenge that's not reflected on the Overview page? In the last two games I've played, I was able to complete SH but in both cases my cities did not receive the free Monument building. Has that bonus been removed??

11. Magil

Magil Monarch

No, I haven't changed that one. It's possibly a mod conflict; as I've built it in recent games and properly received the bonus.

Note that one is prone to screwing up with other mods that add new buildings to the game, because it automatically adds the cheapest building to a city.

12. qadams

qadams Bohemian

Okay, thanks very much for the reply. I'll try again and see if I can figure out where the conflict might be.

13. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Attached Files:

14. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Fixed two grammar mistakes in two words.

Attached Files:

15. meanFalse

meanFalse Chieftain

This was a while ago so you might have fixed it already. Anyway, cities in this game seems to have an intrinsic "nation" attached to them. Your way of limiting National wonders seems to be based on "nation" and not players. In other words, I could build the same wonder on cities that I capture from city states and other civ.

16. Magil

Magil Monarch

My testing shows that this is usually the result of a mod conflict--in particular, the various UI mods that people have designed for the city panel do not properly account for the MaxPlayerInstances like the default UI does. But if the issue has popped up even though there are no UI mods running, that's a new bug.

I've tried various things with National Wonders to make them work properly--as you can't capture them anymore due to them being destroyed when a city is captured. You may still end up with multiple National Wonders if you gift a city with one built inside. Perhaps I'll be able to address these issues in the future, but for now, I'd just roll with it--and if it's a problem, there's always the version of my mod that has only the World Wonder overhaul on Steam.

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

what are the changes in the world wonders only version? I compared changelogs but I can't see a difference

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  18. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Chieftain

Great mod. I play with both and even though I think I read somewhere that the National Wonders one doesn't play nice with CQUI, I have not had any significant problems. Whilst I do think that the NW are a little strong, they add a lot of fun. My only issue with the mod, and it is an insignificant one, is that the requirement box listing what is required has a list of around 10 lines stating that you cannot use X in the same district as Y. However, X requires a campus and Y needs a Holy Site. Seems completely redundant.

Keep up the great work.

19. meanFalse

meanFalse Chieftain

I know this mod is meant to introduce new wonders and buff existing ones, but I think you might have overshot it. Personally, I think national wonders are a bit too good. For instance, certain civ such as Germany have much more adjacency bonus than others, and most national wonders work around adjacency bonus.
    For "overshooting" reference, with 8 ages of pace, Chichen Itza at turn 70 and 180 science at turn 100 both seem off to me (2 different games). And it was only on emperor.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it seems like national wonders don't get the bonus production from monument to the gods pantheon, is this intended?