Won't go past map loading screen since patch

Exiged

Chieftain
I've had no issues like this at all since before the patch.

The game loads up fine to the main menu, any attempts at loading previous game or starting a new game results in the eventual crashing of the game at the map loading screen, at or right before the green arrow start game option.

My graphics driver is up to date, I've tried restarting steam, re-installing the game, removing mods, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also having this exact same issue

Geforce GTX 275

Which lets be honest is getting on but had no problems pre patch, and so far it looks like all the problems are with Nvidia Cards

I've tried the following:

- Verified game files.
- Updated graphics driver.
- Deleted ini files from game folder inside My Games.
- Reinstalled vcredist_x64.exe,
- Reinstalled vcredist_x86.exe.
- I have no 3D enabled or graphics accelerators.

It's being reported on Steam forum for the game. People are posting their crash files. I'm waiting for an answer from the developers.

Also have this problem since patch yesterday.

Geforce 9600 GT

All i tried so far was deinstall/reinstall the game. My Drivers are up to date.

Did you try removing all save files? That solved the same kind of problem for me with another game. Conversion errors in autosaves could create problems for game engine when shuffling the autosave stack.

Did you try removing all save files? That solved the same kind of problem for me with another game. Conversion errors in autosaves could create problems for game engine when shuffling the autosave stack.

Doesn't work for me.

I hit multiple forums including steam forum for BE and it seems that what we all have in common is an old ass geforce grafic card.

The Geforce 9800GT meets minimum spec.

I've now tried changing game video settings without effect. I can no longer play this game.

It's pretty clear to me that they've changed some video related settings in the patch, probably to fix a graphics issue, but it's introduced a new bug as this series of video cards can't handle what they did.

I hope there is a quick response from the developers or I will be asking for my money back.

Cheers,
Sword

Multiple people have reported this issue. It's with two series of Nvidia graphics cards that I'm aware of, including my Nvidia Geforce 9800GT. The thing is, this card meets the minimum requirements of the game.

I have a reply from Take2 tech support. Very pleasing to get a fast response. They acknowledge that these cards do not support some features of DirectX11. Obviously, the developers activated some graphics feature in the patch which is what is causing the issue. I suspect it's because of other graphics bugs they are trying to solve.

I'm hoping Firaxis will do something about it. Why not separate the graphics update from the other parts of the patch and skip it for people with these graphics cards?

Anyway, in the meantime, here is how you can play without the patch.

-Right-click on the game, select "Properties".
-Select the "Betas" tab.
-Type in the password "legacyplease" and click "Check Code".
-Select the “legacy” beta from the pull-down.

I've asked if the developer will address this issue and I've said that I will want a refund if it's not addressed. My hardware meets the game requirements so I bought in on good faith on that basis.

Cheers,
Sword

Multiple people have reported this issue. It's with two series of Nvidia graphics cards that I'm aware of, including my Nvidia Geforce 9800GT. The thing is, this card meets the minimum requirements of the game.

I have a reply from Take2 tech support. Very pleasing to get a fast response. They acknowledge that these cards do not support some features of DirectX11. Obviously, the developers activated some graphics feature in the patch which is what is causing the issue. I suspect it's because of other graphics bugs they are trying to solve.

I'm hoping Firaxis will do something about it. Why not separate the graphics update from the other parts of the patch and skip it for people with these graphics cards?

Anyway, in the meantime, here is how you can play without the patch.

-Right-click on the game, select "Properties".
-Select the "Betas" tab.
-Type in the password "legacyplease" and click "Check Code".
-Select the “legacy” beta from the pull-down.

I've asked if the developer will address this issue and I've said that I will want a refund if it's not addressed. My hardware meets the game requirements so I bought in on good faith on that basis.

Cheers,
Sword

It s every nvidia 9series basically.
I also asked for a refund in case they won t solve it this month. I didn't pay two games (mine and my wife's) to play unpatched version of the game. And my grahic card works perfectly in every other game , included be pre patch...

From the look of things it seems that Nvidia has stopped supporting the 200 series of cards (people have come to this conclusion due to the different driver versions) and didn't really tell anyone. So it seems that when patching BNE the developers were understandable unaware of this (as no one really knew) and something in the patch does not work on the old drivers. This I can't really blame on the developers (bar the fact that if they had beta'ed the patch it would have been picked up) as I feel this more comes under Nvidia's purview. However, that being said, the fact that there has not been any real acknowledgment of this glaring bug is a growing frustration.

Do you mean a public beta, bite? 2k seldom does one of those.

They have done them in the past, and as I said it could have picked this problem up but that is a counter-factual, the reality is that this is a game breaking bug which I hope they acknowledge/fix soon

Top Bottom