1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Won't leave my territory!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Tinky Winky, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky Chieftain

Why does the computer opponent only leave my territory about 25% of the time when I ask him to get out of my lands? Most of the time after I ask him to leave and he agrees, his units just stay there continuing on their merry course. And when he won't leave, what other recourse do I have other than declare war on him?

2. eyrei

eyrei Chieftain Retired Moderator

I think sometimes, if the AI feels it must found some new cities, it will risk war to gain acces to land across your empire. Why it doesn't use boats is a mystery to me. Normally, at the higher levels at least, the AI will simpy declare war on you if you keep asking, probably at the same point where the human player must declare war or your troops will move automatically.

3. Sam_Catchem

Sam_Catchem Chieftain

I think if you pump up your military..you can force him to leave. I think the size of your military dictates whether or not the AI listens to your requests. It would seem when you have a larger army you can be more forceful. When you ask him/her to leave you get the "Remove your Troops or declare war!" which forces them either to declare war..or leave immediately. He will just try again in the next turn..so make him pay a price and whack him.