Word Problem

Gogf

Indescribable
I can't seem to lock my toolbar settings. Whenever I load up Word, I end up with toolbars I don't want, and the "Task Pane" open. How to I make it so that I can choose which toolbars come up when I load Word, and get rid of the "Task Pane" (that stupid "Getting Started" thing). The toolbar I don't want that keeps coming up is an Adobe Acrobat toolbar, if that matters.

Anyway, so I thought it might have to do with the Normal.dot template (that's about all I know about how Word is configured), and so I went to save a template (to find the proper folder), it brought me to the templates folder: C/Documents and Settings/[My Name]/Application Data/Microsoft/Templates. And so, I go to C/Documents and Settings/[My Name], and there is not Application Data folder. I recheck the folder, and I'm definately in the right place. I decide I'll try making a folder named "Application Data," and seeing if there is anything in it (it was the only thing I could think of), but when I try to name it that, it says that there is already a folder with that name. There clearly is not. So, are the hidden folders, or something of the like? If so, how do I access them?

Also, is there an easier way to do this than manually hunting down the template file?

Thanks!

Top Bottom