[Work Coordination] Todos for Release 4.0 aka "New Hope" [OBSOLETE]

Great Work!...ähm, what do the numbers tell us? :think:
The 3 numbers are:
Goods Stored / Domestic Demand / Domestic Price

---------

So you can always check how long your storage will fulfill the domestic demand fo your Cities.
(And also which prices you may get in the different cities of course.)

---------

Just check the numbers ingame once you have a few Cities and some demand and it should be very clear. :thumbsup:
(The genral functionality of the screen has not been changed, it was just separated from "General" and made dynamic to resolutions.)

As you can see here, this is how it normally looks like ingame:
(The screenshot is taken from an old previous release, so it looks a bit different now - but the numbers are still the same.)

It is pretty self-explaining actually once you see numbers and colours. :dunno:
But if you want to add an additional Mouse-Over to it, sure go ahead. :thumbsup:

2) Automated Units get stuck on River Ford (GIT Issue #449)
This bugfix is currently in work again.

It is a bit puzzling actually because we thought it was already fixed and it seems to be occuring almost "randomly". :think:
@Nightinggale is however currently analyzing a savegame provided by @Mr. ZorG where it is reproducable. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Ok, the issue was analyzed so we know what causes it. :)
But the fix is a bit more time consuming and might not happen instantly.

Last edited:
3) Pathfinding for New Movement System (GIT Issue #561)
I just fixed this one. Pathfinding will now find the fastest path to the target plot rather than the shortest. Also now it reports how many turns it takes to not only get to a certain plot, but also how long it takes before the unit can move again. It used to assume it could start moving next turn meaning each plot could not take up more than one turn each, even if the unit would get stuck for multiple turns.

As can be seen in the attached screenshots, the hill will take 3 turns to climb and the pathfinder has figured out that it only takes 2 turns to use the two plots, which each cost one.

Attachments

• Long route.jpg
    Long route.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Hill.jpg
    Hill.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 61
This will revolutionize the exploration game! Finally rough terrain is more complex to reveal :)

Regards
XSamatan

This will revolutionize the exploration game!
"New Movement Cost System" gives exploration and movement in general a completely new more immersive feeling.
But let us please not do feature discussions here in this thread for "Work Tracking" and "Task Coordination". :thumbsup:

The feature discussion can happen in this thread:

Open Todos for Public Beta:

Guys, once those todos are done, I think we might start a public beta.
(Those are the last todos I still consider blockers.)
6) Combat Forecast sometimes not shown (GIT Issue #557)
2) Trade Quests for new Yields [In Work]
1) Adjusting Maps [In Work]
----------

Open Todods for Official Release 4.0:

Of course during the public beta we still have to continue to work on the mod.
These are e.g. things that I consider essential for our full official Release 4.0 then:
2) Adjusting MapScripts [In Work]
3) Adjusting Domestic Advisor Screen [In Work]
4) Issues in Automated Trade Route System
----------

Followed with Improvement Release 4.0.1:

All the rest
we have on the todo list can happen in a follow-up bugfix / improvement Release 4.0.1.
(e.g. fixing the remaining or newly identified issues we have and the remaing work on Screens or work on Colopedia or ...)

----------

Would everybody in the team be ok with this? :dunno:

Last edited:
I think it should be corrected and added like this:

Open Todods for Official Release 4.0:
8) Improving repair the Automated Trade Route System

improvement may take too long. for now, this system needs to be repaired so that it simply functions normally in the form in which it is now. If there are any disagreements, I propose to resolve them in a working chat.

Ok, I have added this to the Todos for the Official Release 4.0. :thumbsup:
(Potentially it might even already get fixed with the issue related the area calculation related for "Units get stuck on River Ford". :think:)
4) Issues in Automated Trade Route System

The "Improving" is indeed a totally different task which was potentially even considering some re-design. :dunno:
(But this will definitely take way too long that we could or should consider it for the Official Release 4.0)

2) Automated Units get stuck on River Ford (GIT Issue #449)
@devolution created a potential fix for this issue. :bowdown:

@Mr. ZorG I would be great if you could start a new testgame with this.

To all our alpha testers and supporters, please help testing if Units in late game still get stuck in River Fords.

--------------

Hint:
It seemed to e.g. mostly happen in "unclear situations of AI"
(Which also inculdes e.g. automated Transports or automated Scouts).

E.g.
If a Scout was automated but the Island that he was connected to by a "River Ford" was fully explored.
If a Automated Transport was on his path to a City but that Storage was suddenly full and then lands on a "River Ford" while e.g. returning to the "Origin City".
If e.g. an Automated Pioneer on an Island with a City already has fully built Improements and Roads on that City.

--------------

So to test, you must use Unit Automatizations !
(Because otherwise you will never run into this bug.)

And it may require to play until late game to actually get some confidentiality.
(In most issue reports the bug had occured in late game.)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom