[Work Coordination] Todos for Release 4.0 aka "New Hope" [OBSOLETE]

Last edited:
Small Update:

In alpha testing we also found and fixed many other bugs or issues which we simply never really had time to fix. :)
Some of them were old (e.g. related to "Large Rivers") and some of them were recently introduced by new content.

Especially @Nightinggale has analyzed and fixed several complicated CTDs reported by community. :hug:
But also e.g. @jooe has helped us a lot finding and fixing issues in the current dev branch. :thumbsup:

--------

All in all it was a very good idea to not directly start public beta phase, but to first invest 2 months into controled alpha phase. :badcomp:
(And since we are still fixing bugs already found we will continue controlled alpha phase until those are also fixed.)

We will simply have to see how soon we are able to fix those - the remaining bugs are few but also complicated. :dunno:
So please stay patient, our team simply also has a private life and can only work on the mod in spare time.

---------

Many thanks again to all dedicated team members and supporters. :grouphug:

Last edited:
Last edited:
We have another bug that needs to be analyzed and fixed before starting the beta ... :undecide:
It seems to only occur when you attack a plot with a bunch of Civilians with a Stack. :think:

I think, it is best we postpone Release 4.0 beta release to (maybe) end of February ... :dunno:
We still have unfixed bugs and we also still have other unfinished open todos (already in work).

Also some team members are currently hardly availabe due to either private life or sickness.
So trying to publish a release by all means would just cause unnecessary stress and frustration.

Many thanks in advance to community for patience and understanding. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think, it is best we postpone Release 4.0 beta release to (maybe) end of February ... :dunno:
We still have unfixed bugs and we also still have other unfinished open todos (already in work).

Also some team members are currently hardly availabe due to either private life or sickness.
So trying to publish a release by all means would just cause unnecessary stress and frustration.

Many thanks in advance to community for patience and understanding
I will take 2 weeks of vacations from work for this occasion)

The good news with the earlier announced delay to end of February is that I had additional time to produce an extra map: Uncharted Lands.
Uncharted Lands is a huge map (58x100 tiles) that was generated and I subsequently adjusted to include all of WTP 4.0's features and improving the playability of the map.

Having a fictional huge map as well hopefully will let people enjoy a map when they feel gigantic is too big or might want to get familiar with the many new aspects of WTP.

any NEW Hope For release ?
Honestly I have no idea myself about a potential release date. :dunno:
(I am currently taking a break from the mod and lost overview.)

But my last information was that a release was discussed at discord.
(I do not know however if it was postponed again.)

The mod still has open todos like e.g. the MapScripts.
(But those are not game breaking since Maps are fully playable.)

Also many players already grabbed the branch and compiled themselves.
So we already have 100+ players and their feedback is very posititive.

-------------

Generally this here is the current status:
Open Todos for (beta release)

-------------

@Nightinggale
What is the current plan?

-------------

I am actually also looking forward to have another release again. :)
Because only then I would have a base to continue developing new content.

The last 4 months I was basically blocked from continuing to work on features ...
Which is heavily impacting my fun in modding and one reason I lost motivation.

In other words:
I would love to see "New Hope" being released as WTP 4.0 - even if it is still just a beta. :)
Once that happened I might start the work on "Upkeep and Logistics" (next feature branch) ...

Last edited:
@Nightinggale
What is the current plan?
Fix game breaking bugs and then release "as is". Now people started talking about maps not providing clay, which is a gigantic flaw. Rather than spending ages testing every single map combination, I have decided to scan the map at startup and add a warning if no wetland is found. This way players won't be playing lacking maps without knowing and as such the damage of including "unplayable" maps is less severe if it happens.
The last 4 months I was basically blocked from continuing to work on features ...
Which is heavily impacting my fun in modding and one reason I lost motivation.
I feel the same, except I feel like I have been in bugfixing mode for more than a year by now. I want to release and then move on to do some code cleanup, which will make the code easier to work with and read, which in turn means less risk of bugs. It's really annoying to want to do A when you know you need to do B first and this situation keeps going on.

Ok, let us summarize again the status of current open todos.
Still to be considered for WTP 4.0:

Known Bugs (already fully analzed):

1) Combat Forecast sometimes not shown (GIT Issue #557)
2) Stacks attacking a Plot of Civilians Bug (GIT Issue #582) [FIXED]

3) Adjustments to Barrack System for Profession Change + Unloading (GIT Issue #559) [FIXED]

MapScript and Maps:

1) Adjusting MapScripts [IN WORK]
2) Terrain Statistic (Debug Screen) [DONE]

3) Analyzing if Maps and MapScripts generate all Terrains [DONE]
4) Correcting MapSize Ratios in XML so "Black Zoom" is avoided for future maps [IN WORK]

--------------------

To be considered for WTP 4.1:

Missing animations for Capable Captain
(GIT Issue #706) [DONE]
Issues in Automated Trade Route System
Pathfinding for shortest paths to Europe for Ships
(GIT Issue #610)
Negative Storage bug (totally breaking everything) (GIT Issue #501)
Unit List in Europe does not consider Profession for Combat Strength (GIT Issue #560)
Trade Quest Advisor [OPEN]
Crime and Law Advisor [OPEN]
Ethnicity and CitizenStatus Advisor [OPEN]
New Achievements using the new Units [OPEN]
Animating Animals Aligator, Anaconda, Orca and Shark [OPEN]

Improving L-Plot-System for new Resources [OPEN]
Improving Automated Trade Route System [OPEN]

Last edited:
Rey, please add an animation for a capable captain.
Only @Schmiddie could solve this.
I cannot create animations ...

We currently have no modder on the team that is able to create animations.
(So it is kind of a "Well let us see when we have an active graphical modder again." task.)

Maybe we may get it solved in WTP 4.1. :dunno:
But I will add it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm on vacation next week and will have the time to look at it. What was the issue here?
The Capable Captain has no animation when he joins a Ship.
(Unlike e.g. the "Great Admiral" which has such an animation.)

Top Bottom