1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worker consumed after build

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Louis the XIV, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Does anyone know if there is a mod that consumes workers after they build something?
    Similar to Civ 5 and 6.

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

I don't think anyone would even consider that modification. Workers are so integral to this game. So no, I've never heard of such a thing.

That's not to say that it could not be accomplished with a modification. You know where to ask for that advice.

3. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

Realism Invictus has a slave unit that has a chance of dying after the current improvement they are building is completed. If they die they are removed from the game. Not sure where that feature is from, but I assume that if you code it so the chance is 100% you get single use workers.

Louis the XIV likes this.
  4. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Yeah, Pie's Ancient Europe has the same thing...dies or escapes, but nonetheless disappears. I believe that mechanic is random, but I'm sure something could be configured to make it static. FFH has a lot of stuff that appears and disappears, like summons. So point is that I'm sure modding a worker to go *poof* is certainly in the realm of possibility.

5. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

No. But in the file [Assets/XML/Units/CIV4BuildInfos.xml] there is a bKill tag. This file contains all Worker- and Workboat-actions. Workboat-actions are always set to bKill = 1, while Worker-actions has bKill = 0.

I don't know if you have to set iTime and iCost to zero for it to work, or that the worker survives until he has finished the job - and THEN disappears. You will have to test it out for yourself.

EDIT:
    iCost is zero for all actions. I just noticed. Maybe you can make it cost Gold to build a road?

6. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Wow! Thanks, this is going to be very useful to me.
    EDIT: I tried what Kjotleik said and it worked!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020