worker irrigating near NO water

dirtworm

Warlord
in the past i have seen my works on automate irrigating where they can't be
and i got it this time with copy paste
but sillly me forgot the save file
someone wanna explain this to me please?

Attachments

• irrigation.JPG
    irrigation.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 120
One of the techs allows that, I can't remember which one - but it comes much later in the game.

I'm guessing that little pool around 4 o'clock might be fresh water, it looks like it's landlocked with a thin strip of land to the south - and as long as you have it somewhere in your city radius, you can irrigate I believe.

If you look very closely, you can see that the tile directly to the east of Tyrana is actually a lake, and not part of the coast.

And it's Electricity that allows for irrigation without a fresh water source.

ah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
sneaky little thing
that tis a lake indeed

But I think it's because the town acts as a conduit to the lake that the worker can irrigate that specific tile. And I think gmaharriet tested and proved that a town on a hill will also act as an irrigation conduit.

But I think it's because the town acts as a conduit to the lake that the worker can irrigate that specific tile. And I think gmaharriet tested and proved that a town on a hill will also act as an irrigation conduit.
Only in PTW and after. In vanilla, you couldn't do that.

I seem to remember doing that in Vanilla. But that was a long, long time ago. So the memory may be a bit fuzzy.

Ok I'm back again! I've heard about some irrigation things I never knew about, but this is the most interesting :).

@Delphi: The list get's bigger of advantages everyday :).

I seem to remember doing that in Vanilla. But that was a long, long time ago. So the memory may be a bit fuzzy.
In vanilla the towns did act as conduits but not if they were built on a hill. The hill thing was brought in with PTW I think.

Top Bottom