Workers auto vs manuel

Powee

Chieftain
I was wondering... when is a good time, if any, to automate workers instead of manually giving them orders.??

Later in the game when I have control of several continents i always automate all of them, because of the time used giving orders to all of them as very consuming, so any ideas out there.??

"May the Force be with you... or at least a place where you can find it again"

I usually wait until I have Steam Power. Then I cntrl-n them all so they link all my towns by railroad. Then and only then do I automate them. Use shift-a so they don't override your previous work.

Something like that.. how about pollution there.?? does an automated worker clean up pollution also.?

"Knowledge is power.... a big sword also works"

Workers on shift-a will clean pollution at a high priority.

I use manual full time. When I get a ton of them I add to city. Eventually I say that is enough workers and any more I get from the other civs I add to city

if the enemy has landed a raiding party onto your land, put the workers on that landmas on manual and take them to your closest heavily-defended city. if they are on auto and the enemy pillages something, your workers will automatically try to re-build it, even with the enemy still there. otherwise, tell them to go on auto without desroying old improvements by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A. manually build trade routes. you can make your workers automatically clean up polution by pressing Ctrl+Shift+P or something like that.
________
TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID HISTORY

Is there an automate command that enables Workers to "wake up" when pollution is present, clean it up, and then go back to "sleep" until more pollution occurs? Shift-P just orders a stationary Worker to clean present pollution, and they will continue to do that as long as there are polluted areas anywhere in your territory, but once everything is clean they revert to "normal" and need more orders. It is a hassle constantly wake Workers up, have them clean pollution, then fortify them, only to wake them up in two turns when more pollution occurs.

After all my cities are connected by rail, I automate most keeping a stack 10 or so workers for pollution. I move the stack to a pollution square and keep un-polluting with each worker until the pollution is gone. Then I fortify the whole stack or move it as a whole to the next polluted sight and start over. I also keep a few workers under my control to adjust population of my big cities and improving the smaller ones.

Top Bottom