Workers, how many....

sackmanjay

Chieftain
Many of you stated (in my prior post) that you capture workers, Can you capture workers without being at War? Some of said that you by them as thay go up for sale from other CIV's, PLEASE tell me how to do that. I still haven't figured out the buying and selling in this game.

if you capture them it is considered an act of war.

Buying... well when you go into negotiation with the AI for any reason (trade tech, map, whatever), sometimes they will have the word "worker" on their side. Click on it and it'll show how many worker they have for trade. You can trade for them (for a fee) and they'll become your slave worker without having to go through war.

Any worker in a civ's capitol is available to be bought/sold/traded. As long as you are peace with that civ, then you can buy/sell/trade for any Workers in either capitol.

The cost seems to always be 25 gold per worker.

This is a great deal especially under Democracy or Republic as the cost of two slave workers (two slaves = one native) will be recovered in 50 turns.
Some other advantages are:

You can get them to join anoter city like your capital to increase the pop one and add to production/trade

You get a better use out of the workers as a whole. (ie an industrious civ in democracy with replaceable parts can build a road instantly with a slave worker. However if the same civ uses a native worker then the "double time " work gets wasted. ) I use a slave worker to build the road and then a native to irrigate in one turn.

there are such threads out there already. i usually time it w/ the speed the cities are growing, and in later stage of game, i don't produce any. b/c the slave labors.

I don't usally enjoy using the buy and trade aspect of this, but enjoy more the selling. Since I uasally play a Industrious civ and have democracy and eventually get replacable parts I have really fast workers and get annoyed with slower slave worker so I sell them to another civ and get some cash after a war is over. Also if I want to buy them put in a city I can't get them to trade for many times, and rival workers in my city, which results in foerign nationals could screw me in later if the other country is next to me and out culters me. In short I like selling the workers I gain during war but, not buy from other countries.

There is only one instance in which I would buy workers, that is when the worker is actually mine (either if it was lost in war or I sold if for some odd reason)!! Those ar my thoughts on the subject but not the your only answer, I thought it would be best if I had told you my thoughts incase they sound good to you (if they do I hope you know there are rules a using drugs in America).

Thanks for your time!

I tried to sell one but it didn't work. I placed it in my Capital but it still didn't show up on the trading board? What did I do wrong?

do you have road connected from your capital to his capital? that might be the problem.

Top Bottom