1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Workers Re-Assigned to Improved Tile: City Governor Off

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Tacit_Exit, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Tacit_Exit

Tacit_Exit King

2. paragonae

paragonae Chieftain

Definately a bug, happened to me also. So annoying.

3. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

I think you're confusing what the governor does & doesn't do. The governor will emphasize commerce or food etc when selected, but will still 'govern' when the emphasize buttons are turned-off. In this case, it changes a 1F/2H plot for 3F/3H/1C - which is a good move no matter what's being emphasized. Why would you not want to work this tile?

4. Tacit_Exit

Tacit_Exit King

K, this save may have not been the best example, point is I've had it happen when a floodplain cottage was just completed and the Governor moved a worker from my only shield generating plot (forested plains hill) to the shieldless better yield plot.

Annoying if you're trying to get stonehenge built ASAP.

And I was under the impression that if the Governor is switched off (irrespective off any emphasis) that city pop. plot assignement should stay where you put them.

Isn't that the point of turning it off?

5. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Well, the governor and the workers actually work together now, and the governor does take note of city size - and will grow a city if it isn't unhappiness-capped, in order to make it more productive. I think that when new plots become available, it will automatically switch, but if you manually switch back, then it won't change them.