• No

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Depends on the job

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elta

我不会把这种
If you could go live and work in Antarctica for 4 months durring the "light season" at a scientific combine doing the same job you do now (or some other sort of usefull thing they need there) at 4 times your normal yearly pay would you go?

One of my friends has a dad who is a metorolgist and ussually makes 60k a year working for the government and he is being offered 250k to go live in a scientific compund for 4 months while working there :eek:, supposedly they even have run of the mill jobs there like cooks or carpenters,

If given the oppertunity would you go?

heck, i'd go at 1x regular salary for the experience alone.

There is a Mars experiment being run, and they need volunteers to test 'isolated and pioneering living'

Hell yeah. Four months? That's nothing compared to Iraq tours, and you don't even get shot at in Antarctica.

I'd do it. Four months isn't bad and it would be the experience of a lifetime. Think how many chics you could pick up just walking into a bar and announcing: "I've lived in Antarctica".

Yup. 4 months isn't that bad, and I assume I'd be interested in any job that would bring me to antarctica. If I was a meteoroligist for example, I'd assume that I'd be interested in the unique meteoroligical phenomena that take place in Antarctica and would find it to be a great experience. The money also helps :D

If you could go live and work in Antarctica for 4 months durring the "light season" at a scientific combine doing the same job you do now (or some other sort of usefull thing they need there) at 4 times your normal yearly pay would you go?

One of my friends has a dad who is a metorolgist and ussually makes 60k a year working for the government and he is being offered 250k to go live in a scientific compund for 4 months while working there :eek:, supposedly they even have run of the mill jobs there like cooks or carpenters,

HELL YES. I'd do it for the same wage I'm making now.

Are you kidding? I'd work there all year round if I had a chance. Get away from civilization (and from these damn temperatures I have to endure here), I'd love that.

Anyway, Czech rep. has one science base there which was funded by the university I study at. I should give it a try :lol:

Yeah, I would.

Hell yeah. Four months? That's nothing compared to Iraq tours, and you don't even get shot at in Antarctica.

Never cross a penguin.

Absolutely. I love, and I mean love, cold weather. You might as well ask me if I would accept 4x my regular pay play Civ.

Is there any source to what they would pay someone to go there during the dark season??

I would go just to say that I was there.

Cheesy, Phleg, Atlas, John, (Homie, too, when he sees this thread):

Seriously, you should push this dream of combining Antarctic exploration with space exploration. The Space Program needs qualified people with excellent extreme-living experience. Getting time on-the-ground in Antarctica would shoot up your resume something awesome

I guarantee that if you're interested AT ALL in Space + Hard Living, you'll want to check out what this guy has done and is doing.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/141

This guy has the resume and the dream to get something going.

I'd be interested.

Count me in!

Top Bottom