World 2013 and beyond bts 3.19

JediPimp

Chieftain
World 2013 is a modded version of the popular Earth 2010 MOD by Barbarian King
and the sequel to the World 2011 and Beyond (mod-scenario) BY JEDIPIMP & JANZ0.

This is an updated and redone modern (somewhat realistic) scenario-MOD that allows the player modern and future era (WARFARE) gaming on the 2013 Geopolitical stage.

30 playable Civs, Tons of unique units, future era units, better civics and much more.

World 2013 and beyond scenario bts 3.19
PLEASE VISIT THE SCENARIO THREAD TO DOWNLOAD

In the this new version 2(01-12-2013) of World 2013 and Beyond
Spoiler :

-New Music and main menu
-Fixed T-90 image glitch
-Added unit Stealth Bomber F-117
-Added unit Myrmidon Tank
-Added unit Atmoshperic Bomber
-Added unit Heavy Helicopter
-Added unit AEGIS Cruiser
-Added unit Aurora Bomber

In the previous version 1(12-15-2012) of World 2013 and Beyond
Spoiler :

-The new Mech-Warrior is not causing a visual bug.
-The new leader names are updated.
-Added the Biological Missile unit.
-More than 30 playable civs, with many UU.
-Huge Earth for a prolonged gaming experience.
-Additional Future Techs And Units
-Modified the civics and religions.
-Set the default speed to marathon and the science times are lenghtend,
while unit construction times are relatively short.
-Huge cities and a great dynamic geopolitical arena.

Screen Shots
Spoiler :

All feedback is welcome, please report any bugs and suggestions do not hesitate to make constructive criticism or share ideas.

hey amazeing mod first of it just is just great and big thanks! my only criticism on what you should change is make Iran just underneath the same balanced level as turkey otherwise its WAY to underpowered compared to the real life scope im positive neither israel or bahgdad could take it over with in three turns tehran needs to be atleast 25 due to irans real life census over 70million Iranians it has more then England in the 60million census and um need to fix the borders from auto eating one another **Earth 2010 mod already found a way to do so* because most civs get eaten up rite away aswell as when you capture cities you only gain control of the city tile allowing all other civilizations to eat it beforehand other wise GREAT job at rebalancing america, russia arabia may also need a small tweak to mekkah because its visible from space like most ancient cities aswell as egypt may need alexandria because its afterall one of the most famous, ancient, and powerful cities of egypy inclueding the great lighthouse and library i would change this myself if i had a STEAM copy of civilization4 and had availible worldbuilder Sorry for my grammer as im not by any means american GREAT JOB though :D

what you should change is make Iran just underneath the same balanced level as turkey otherwise its WAY to underpowered compared to the real life

I will surely make Iran stronger in the next version and try to balance it with Turkey as you said, making the cities bigger and giving them more funds.
As for the Fixed borders I will have to look into it. From what I heard, it caused some problems in the Earth 2010.
Thanks for your accurate and pertinent remarks Civroma.

The problems came as a side effect of fixed borders modcomp. It was allowing one to claim new neutral land, which can be a good idea for exploration era, but not very realistic for 2013...

The problems came as a side effect of fixed borders modcomp. It was allowing one to claim new neutral land

I really tried hard to get dexy`s fixed border mod for ROM to work.
No success:mad: it had to do something with xml files in gameinfo which were not loading.
Maybe i will be giving it another shot sometime soon.

If someone knows how to slowdown the cultural borders expansion it would be of great help.
Already improved Iran now it is almost the same score as Turkey.
Canada is becoming less American at start whereas before Ottawa was being encircled after one turn.:crazyeye:

I'm sure it's because I'm still new at playing the game but can someone explain why when I start the game in the beginning I don't have a settler. And there aren't any in the world builder. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure it's because I'm still new at playing the game but can someone explain why when I start the game in the beginning I don't have a settler. And there aren't any in the world builder. Any help would be appreciated.
The world is populated already you don`t need the settlers

Once you unzip the file open it and get to the World 2013 folder inside of it you will see i.e. public maps and assets in it.
Place that world 2013 folder containing those files in your game root directory (program files or steam) depending on your version in the beyond the sword folder and then in mods.

\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
or with STEAM
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Start the game

If you did everything right you should have ( before you do anything) an advanced menu option click it
and you should be able to select load mod World 2013

It should appear (World 2013) if you placed it in the beyond the sword MODS folder properly
Once you load the mod then select the World 2013 scenario««««

Alternatively just load the scenario World 2013 from your single player scenarios BTS 3.19 menu.

I want open a map in games. I used world builder but world builder don't have function open map. please help I open map in this mod. I don't want use spy to open detection a map. please help I open a map in this mod:D

I want open a map in games. I used world builder but world builder don't have function open map. please help I open map in this mod. I don't want use spy to open detection a map. please help I open a map in this mod:D

Ok you can`t really do this without complications
Here`s my advice:place your map there
Beyond the Sword\Mods\World 2013\PublicMaps

The map file is called .WBS or world builder save
open the .wbs with a text editor
you must at-least change this line:
ModPath= «<< to

ModPath=Mods\World 2013

if that does not work then you should refer to the tutorials

The mod is very good, but... I NEED TO PLAY MORE THAN ONLY 333 TURNS!!!! Please, change this! Disable time limit victory or set turn limit on at least 1000 turns!

Its title immediately made me download it. I have some good and bad comments.

I love the terrorist unit. No, I don't like terrorism, but I believe this unit is a great addon to represent terrorist groups worldwide. Also, it makes modern warfare more realistic, as there's a more focus on counter-insurgency than mass warfare.

Sunni-Shia split seems to be going well. I tested the game as Morsi, and right away, there was a -3 relations between me and Ahmadinejad. It's a step towards representing the current geopolitical situation in the middle east.

RevolutionDCM should have been the base mod for this mod. Everything about modern times spells revolutions, revolts and riots. I mean, the new state of Azawad that was recently formed in Mali is proof that political stability would be a good element to add in the mod. I'd like to see nations exiting the European Union, or the US collapsing from economic issues or whatever.

United Nations is a pretty unique faction. Nothing else to say. I just like how United Nations is given some actual political power, and friendly with most other nations.

Europe is more populated than Africa. I know this is for balance issues, and for making Europe more advanced than Africa. The Nigerian area, for example, is very underpopulated for having one of the highest populations in Africa. Maybe Africa could have high population, but unhappiness issues or the like.

North Africa and Middle east are more unified than they really are. I know there's not much of a choice, because there's not much room. But to say that Egypt and Sudan are united, or that the Arabian peninsula is united is just wishful thinking. What I'd like is for some, "Independent" city states, kind of like RFC's independent cities. But that's just my recommendation.

Egypt is currently not so smart as to make use of the Nile agriculturally. In fact, Egypt is dependent on other countries for its food supply. The game should start with cottages, villages or towns occupying the wheat resources in Egypt, as it is in real life. Then the Egyptian player could choose to either remain those cottages or to start an agricultural revolution under Morsi. By the way, Cairo should at least have a Christian population. Oh yeah, this leads me to my last recommendation:

Traded resources should give a lot of food or production to the person buying the resouce. To make trade more beneficial, a person trading for corn or wheat should have an automatic +10 food in all cities. A person trading for iron should have +10 production in all cities. I don't know, you choose the number, but trading should be more beneficial, and allow people economic control of others.

All civs seem to favor Personality Cult as their religious civic. I don't know if it's in the AI, or it's because the civic gives too many benefits. But maybe that should be investigated.

And that's all I have to say.

This looks like a very interesting scenario.

I play the 2011 version of this, and wanted to know if there is much difference?

Particularly keen to know:

1.what new units?
2. any changes to abilities [i.e. bombardments, air transport, trading]
3. City and landscape changes

Thanks

Hello !!

First congratulations for this awesome mod and the great work that has be done on it.
I have uploaded the 2013 version and started to mod it by myself.

My aim is to play a realistic mod on current and future times on almost 50 years, by almost 600 turns. This mod should not have a huge number of units, techs, buildings, etc to stay playable without a powerful PC. I have started to add a few techs, units and buildings (those of the next war mod), not too many but just to add more interest to future era. I put back the space race and cultural victories. Now I would add the fixed borders mod...
I saw that he's been added in the v6 of the Earth 2010 mod by BarbarianKing but I can't reach it by GameFront . I finally got the pack with version 1-5 with Tigranes' other link, so my question is : do somebody got another link for this version 6 too ?

By the way, I'm open to share my mod and ideas if somenone is interested

Thanks in advance

No success:mad: it had to do something with xml files in gameinfo which were not loading.

If someone knows how to slowdown the cultural borders expansion it would be of great help.
Canada is becoming less American at start whereas before Ottawa was being encircled after one turn.:crazyeye:

I have quite a radical solution : disable all culture production in all cities.
To do this, I have set an important negative value to the iCOmmerce tag in the CivicInfos file, just like this

Code:
<CommerceModifiers>
	<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
	<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
	<iCommerce>-1000</iCommerce>
</CommerceModifiers>

You just have to do this in one CivicOptionTYpe, for example Legal, so that you can turn down the cultural effect of Free Speech civic.

With this, no border expansion can be done with culture.

Now I'm still modding this World2013 scenario, and I want to add a few cities like Pusan (South Korea) or Damas, and adjust a few borders : Israel, Korea
I use Worldbuilder but I can't manage to get the result I want, it's always too low or too much, even in adjusting slightly the culture cities value.
I understood that the territory tool of WordlBuilder is useless, so if you have any tip it would be helpful

Hello, I recently was playing and I noticed that it took lots of lag on my 4GB RAM computer. Is it okay if I mod this to make only "Global Cities" on the map (so as to reduce lag time)? Also, I'd "update" the map for April.
PS: Here is what a "Global City" is.
Global City

I can see quite a few things incorrect, I will list some of them for you. if you wish for more you just have to ask.
- Seychelles no longer British
- missing Palermo(EU) on Sicily
- half of Finland(EU) including there capital Helsinki and Murmansk(Russia) missing
- missing Belgrade(UN)
- UK no longer has any aircraft carriers so should be removed.
- north and west Tibet(china) is missing
- USA should have units in both UK and Germany as well as naval units in the Persian gulf and UAVs in Saudi Arabia
- Greenland(UN) NUUK is part of Denmark so should be EU
- st. John's(Canada) is missing
- the capital of Jamaica Kingston is called Boston on the scenario
- the British virgin islands should be Haiti and the Dominican republic
- the Barbados capital of Bridgetown is called Guangzhou on the scenario
- British should also have an destroyer and jet fighter stationed on the Falklands island and there should be no EU troops.

If someone knows how to slowdown the cultural borders expansion it would be of great hel
The best way I found was to use actual populations totals as the starting culture. e.g. if the city has 10,000,000 population, I set the starting culture as 100,000, i.e. real population / 100

I've found the best quick fix for that is to give the cities which get encircled with another culture quickly is to give them a lot more culture than the cities that encircle them if your still having problems with the fixed border mod.

Top Bottom