1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World 500BC - The Persian Age

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Genghis_Kai, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Historically Magadhan united india, so I gave her a better position to start off.

Yes, raze is not allowed. Mainly because I don't want the AI to destroy the cities.

Banana on a coast? Let me check. Thanks for reporting :)

2. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

I think that the Greek Empire and the Macedonians should be combined. In history all that would have been left of the Greek Empire would have been Sparta. This would also make the Macedonians a bigger threat to the Persians. The Persians are a little too strong. They are alway way ahead in the score and technology. Also, having the same leaderheads for somenations is a little annoying. Besides this the scenario is great. The barbarians pose a real challenge. It is like they are small civilizations that you need to conquer. I like the part of East Asia alot. I with someone would make a regional civ in that area. The scenario that was going to address this was never finished.

3. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

About combining Greek and Macedon, remember that the time is at 500BC, not at the time of Alexander the Great. Athenian Empire is definitely a bigger civs that should be included.

About playability, I had an experience that I could share. In a game I had with a friend, we used both Macedon and Greek and we basically focused attacking Persia right from the start. We managed to take over most of Persia except the land east of Babylon. So I think the current setting is very good for a two players quest.

At the moment, I am doing a bit of research for the 200BC scenario reading particularly about history in Central Asia and Europe. These regions have very interesting but complicated history that I am spending time to learn more. Other than this, there are a few things I would like to fix in the pervious scenarios, such as having the correct flag for each civs. When I do that, I can review the leader heads as well. But there are only a limited number of leader heads that are usable. For example, I don't want to see Mao Zedong's face in my 500BC scenario :p

Btw, I think the expansion pack is coming soon. It is coming with more civs and more leader heads. I might wait for that to upgrade the leaderheads.

4. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

I was playing as the Qi Dukedom and had had friendly relationship status with Jin Dukedom. Well, I declared war on him and brought in an ally against him. He still remained at friendly status toward me throughout the war. I ended up bringing him to last in the score. Why did this happen? Shouldn't he have been furious with me?

5. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Gehghis Kai,
    I am thinking of making a scenario that begins in 1115 AD and includes Japan, the Southern Song and Jin Dynasties, Khitans (Mongols), the Delhi Sultanate and the Rajput kingdoms. The S. Song and Jin would be at war with the Khitans and the Delhi Sutanate would be at war with the Rajput kingdoms. Japan would be a wild card. What do you think?

6. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Sounds good. it will be one of my favourite setting!

Depending on the size of map you are thinking of, you might want to include Tibet, Dali (Nanzhao), Xi Xia, Xi Liao, Korea and Vietnam in your map. I also remember that Japan is probably not united in that time.

7. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

I think the relationship works in a culminative setting, that is if your relationship was really good, then doing bad things (even declare war) will only decrease the relationship by a certain amount. So it won't jump to Furious straight away.

In Civ4Editor, I could choose the relationship from -100 to 100. I forgot what was the setting I gave between Jin and Qi.

8. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Is there an East Asia map with India and China? I will think about the other Civs. So do I just pick one of the original civs and rename the leader and civ and change the traits? Is that what you did?

9. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Nebuchadnezzar is spelled wrong. Also in the Pacific by the Philippines there is a banana in the ocean on the coast. I am playing an amazing game at noble level with the Shang Chinese. I was down to one city and then the Zhou signed a peace treaty. I then settled Japan with one city. My capital revolted to the Zhou. I started settling in the areas of Japan. Because of this I when to the bottom of the score. I am finally in catching up in the techs in the mid 1900's. I am rich because of my trading of resources though. Great scenario, though!!!

Sorry this is for your 1000BC scenario!!!

10. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

There is a new East Asia map in patch 1.61. Not sure whether it is good for you though.

11. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

It isn't. I am bad a making maps go I guess I'll wait for someone to make one. Anyway do you need some help with your scenarios. I have learned how to do everything in World Builder and pretty good at history.
    http://www.atlasofworldhistory.com/ is a good site for placement of civs from 4000BC-1000AD. You have to download it, though. It is free. Hope that this can help you.

12. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

There is a East Asia map. I am quite sure, because I have played a game of it. I can't remember whether it included india, but it has all of of china, korea, japan and indo-china peninsula.

Nice link! Thanks!
    In terms of helping, I think what you are doing (your suggestions and corrections) is very helpful already :goodjob:

13. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Hi, for those who are following the world history series, I haven't actually disappeared. I am building a new Giant world map (210x85). By the time I finish it, I am hoping the expansion pack will be out and I can continue or redo the world history series with the new map and the expanded civs.

Attached is the Giant world map currently in progress.

The reason why I want to build a new Giant world map is because the available giant world maps are all not scaled. In this map I am building, Europe is approx. 3 times bigger than it should, 2 times for East Asia and also for Mesopotemia and India. Tundra land and oceans are greatly reduced - like the one come with the game, but bigger! So one can actually feels he is playing on a Giant map!

However, still a long way to go before completion.

Attached Files:

14. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

And how handle it on my computer ?

15. The Thracian

The Thracian Warlord

Downloading..

16. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

I worried about that before, but I tried playing one of the Giant world maps available, and the speed was reasonably fast. My computer doesn't have very good spec (PM 1.5GHz, 512M ram).

But I set graphics options to the lowest.

17. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

You say that if i decrease options, its faster ?

18. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Warlord

Nice scenario. I like it. :)

19. war65

war65 Chieftain

its alright i like playing as one of the 3 kingdomes in china

20. Mazzy

Mazzy Chieftain

seems fair to me that a scenario based in 500bc makes persia the superpower...because, then it was.

a scenario about the persian wars based on a mediterrainian map would be cool too. then you can make it so that the persians should lose but that would be the challenge.