1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World at War for VP

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Jiska, May 11, 2019.

1. Jiska

Jiska Chieftain

Hey people of VP! I recently rereleased an updated version of one of my modpacks, and I'm looking for feedback on it. This particular community has always impressed me with its meticulous attention to detail and balance, and the long conversations dialogues around balance are kind of what I'm hoping to engage in.

This mod has 5 components (all are standalone, so you remove the ones you don't want/aren't compatible), 2 of which are kind of incompatible with VP. The last 3 however, should be compatible with pretty much everything, and instead of changing existing units/buildings/mechanics, add entirely new game mechanics that are supposed to shake up the game in more subtle ways than "this new unit is op".

I'm looking for feedback on balance and suggestions, and if there's enough interest I might make a patch for compatibility.

Anyway, download links:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737956594
    http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/view/1737956594

SupTo, JNZS13 and vyyt like this.
  2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

3. Jiska

Jiska Chieftain

I would hope that the people in this forum are savvy enough to know how to delete a folder. If there's enough of a reception here to warrant a patch for VP, I'll make one. Until then, I'm just looking for feedback on the Holy, World, and Cold War mechanics.

4. Snipergw

Snipergw Chieftain

Oh, this is fantastic. I used to try playing with these mods with VP all the time, because the concepts are amazing. I remember the "Reformation" policy didn't exist in VP and I tried to fix it manually, but it turns out modding is hard. I'm going to get on this right away and get back with initial feedback later today/tonight.