World builder barbarian issue

ray zzinck

Chieftain
Hi first time to this forum. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about the issue i'm having. Playing vanilla. When i make a custom map and place barbarians, they seem to be glitched. They are extremely weak. When a modern armor attacks my warrior it of course destroys it but when i attack that modern armor with the warrior, the warrior wins. This happens consistently with any barbarian unit. They also seem to have some weird decrease in power. The modern armor that should be 40 is 35.67 or something close to that. It happens with any script i change the modern armor to and happens without changing the script. This issue only happens with barb units, if i place another civs modern armor, it acts as it should. I should mention i am playing civ 4 complete on steam with no expansions.

Thank You

This is not a bug. On certain difficulty levels (Prince and below) you get a certain number of free wins against Barbarian units. The number of free wins scales with difficulty. Not sure the exact numbers. It's only a few free wins at most.

I recommend playing BTS expansion as it is the definitive version of the game.

Wow, thanks so much. That definitely explains it. I will get to the expansions eventually, still enjoying the plain version

Top Bottom