1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Builder Map Regeneration Adds to REF

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by Chazz_Play, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Chazz_Play

Chazz_Play Chieftain

Description: When you go into World Builder Mode and tell the Map to Regenerate, the Royal Expeditionary Force increases by the current difficulty level chosen. So if you are playing on Pilgrim, instead of having 8/4/4/4 you actually get 16/8/8/8. If you regenerate again, it increases again to 24/12/12/12, and so on every time you regenerate that game.

To reproduce this error:
    1. Start a new single player game with any of the four European colonial nations.
    2. Check you REF on F3. Make Note of the Numbers.
    3. Enter World Builder either with Ctrl+w or through the Esc Menu.
    4. Change mode from player to map.
    5. Regenerate the map using the command.
    6. Exit World Builder Mode either way.
    7. Check the REF again. It will be double!

Since I have not been too happy with the map scripts, I tried several new games regerating the map until I got one I thought I could do. I got to the early 1600s and started to contemplate revolution, so I checked my Status. Every time the REF seemed insurmountable, like 10 to 20 times what anyone could handle. It was not until the 6th or more time I played, that I realized by loading previously saved games on the same difficulty level without producing liberty bells that the REFs were starting out at different sizes. I finally started a new one and discovered that REF was very small at the start. So after tinkering a while, I finally discovered that it was not either leaving the REF alone nor completely regenerating it, just adding to it. I dislike having to go back to main menu over and over just to get a start I will like.

I hope this is helpful to someone out there, as I think this is a bug to be fixed and a reasonable, if cheating, thing to do.

Thank you,
    Chazz Play

2. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

I have verified that it works almost like described.
    The only difference is that it doesn't actually double. It increases 8+4+4+4 every time, so it goes from 8+4+4+4 to 16+8+8+8 to 24+12+12+12 to 32+16+16+16.

I also tried making map modifications (adding tobacco, etc.), and that did not modify the REF.

I'm inclined to believe this is a bug.

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Sounds like it's redoing the start units, but not resetting the REF first. :lol:

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

This bug is fixed in Snoopy/Dales patch