1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Builder Map Regeneration Does Not Reset Tile Ownership

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by Jubala, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Jubala

Jubala Chieftain

I have noticed that when I regenerate maps in the worldbuilder natives get upset with me for stealing their land even though they don't live anywhere near me. So after a little testing I have come the conclusion that when a map is regenerated in the worldbuilder tile ownership is not reset. So if the Incans had a settlement someplace on the last map and nobody lives there on the new map the tile will still be owned by the Incans. Which makes them mad at you if you settle there even if you haven't even met them yet. Very annoying.

Can this be fixed by modding? If so, how?

If I have a map that I really want to play but has messed up tile ownership due to map regeneration, is there any way to reset tile ownership? The worldbuilder doesn't seem to have a territory option of none so I can't fix it there. Unless I'm missing something of course.

Can such an option be added to the worldbuilder by modding? If so, how?

2. kurtkage

kurtkage Chieftain

I've noticed this as well when regenerating maps, I see some cool map with lakes or something I want to play and the territory is owned by 5 native tribes. You can only pay off 1 tribe so the others all take diplo hits for stealing land.

There is something quirky about it because it doesnt always happen. I've been trying to narrow it down, I've regenerated the map and then revealed all tiles so I could see ownership but then it doesnt show up.

I'm wondering if Dale has seen this / if a fix could be added to the unofficial patch.

I was also looking for a way to erase ownership in the worldbuilder and can't figure it out. I suppose it is probably tied to the tile itself so changing the terrain won't help. At any rate I'd much rather see a fix to stop it from happening in the first place of course :)

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

I thought I already fixed map regeneration problems in the unofficial patch. Is there still a problem with it?

4. kurtkage

kurtkage Chieftain

Right this is NOT the bug with REF resetting on map regen. This bug is where the ownership of tiles isn't reset so if you regen the map a bunch of times and try to play you run into tiles that are influenced by multiple native tribes.

Here is a screenshot attached, I just went in and regen'd the map like 10 times, this only shows 3 natives owning but I have seen 5 tribes listed on a tile before. The tile I am mousing over when I take the screenshot is 1 south of the native village.

The impact of which is that even though I pay money to X tribe that actually has a village there, Y and Z tribes get mad at me for stealing their land. I've had them DoW on me too, and it of course can ruin relations with a ton of native tribes.

Thanks Dale :)

Edit: I should also add that I have seen it happen nowhere near an existing village, I settled in a place that had no tiles in range of a village, I got no popup to buy the land, and bam like 3 DoWs hehe.

One more edit for clarification this is using your unoffical patch 1.03

Attached Files:

5. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Ahhh.... culture isn't reset. I get it now. I thought you meant borders, not culture. :)