World Builder Problems

Thorburne

Centurion
So, I created my first map in the included (but hidden) worldbuilder. Nothing that I will likely share. I certainly want the official tools to be released before trying anything significant. I really hope that their will be an external editor. I liked certain aspects of the included one. But I do not like the fact that you can not "draw" the land masses. You have to click in each tile to place the terrain. That is a painful process. Another thing that I have found is that it placing civilizations and city-states is almost pointless. I placed a selection of each, first using starting positions. When starting the game, It randomly chose the civilizations and placed them in different starting locations. So I added the civilizations that I placed in setup and went in. The Civilizations started correctly, however, the city-states were mixed up from where I placed them. I edited the map to add the starting units for the civilizations and city-states and they the city-states were still messed up. I suppose my next step will be to remove the "starting positions" and just go with the unit placement. We'll see...

Anybody else experiencing this or found a work-around?

Honestly, a little more confusing. In any case, I just went in and edited the starting locations for the city-states to "Civilization" and the city-state. This removed the number on the starting position indicator in the world builder. I will have to test it out later, though.

Top Bottom