1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Builder Problems

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Thorburne, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

So, I created my first map in the included (but hidden) worldbuilder. Nothing that I will likely share. I certainly want the official tools to be released before trying anything significant. I really hope that their will be an external editor. I liked certain aspects of the included one. But I do not like the fact that you can not "draw" the land masses. You have to click in each tile to place the terrain. That is a painful process. Another thing that I have found is that it placing civilizations and city-states is almost pointless. I placed a selection of each, first using starting positions. When starting the game, It randomly chose the civilizations and placed them in different starting locations. So I added the civilizations that I placed in setup and went in. The Civilizations started correctly, however, the city-states were mixed up from where I placed them. I edited the map to add the starting units for the civilizations and city-states and they the city-states were still messed up. I suppose my next step will be to remove the "starting positions" and just go with the unit placement. We'll see...

Anybody else experiencing this or found a work-around?

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

3. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Honestly, a little more confusing. In any case, I just went in and edited the starting locations for the city-states to "Civilization" and the city-state. This removed the number on the starting position indicator in the world builder. I will have to test it out later, though.