World Builder - use with vanilla mods

stebobibo

Chieftain
There is a mod for vanilla Civ 5 called More City States. I want to use it with World Builder. However, I have the 2 expansions installed. I do not know how to temporarily disable them in world builder. So I can't use this mod because of this. Is there a way to do this? There should be, just like you can disable expansions when you are playing the game. Thanks for your help!

WB reads the current game state. So start Civ, disable G&K and BNW, enable the mod, start a game and quit from the game to windows.

Now start WB and it should be in vanilla + mod

Thanks for the response, Whoward! I tried that and it didn't work. The mod was working fine in game (I saw there were new city states). But coming back to the World Builder, I find that those city states don't exist. The world builder had clearly started with the expansions because all 58 city states were there (many of those coming from the expansions).

1) In C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache delete everything
2) Create a new folder on the desktop, call it DLC_COPY
3) Move every sub-folder from DLC_02 to Expansion2 (inclusive) out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC directory into the new DLC_COPY folder
4) Start Civ, it will be vanilla, enable the mod, start a game, do one turn, exit directly to windows
5) Start WB

When you've finished, move everything out of the DLC_COPY folder back to where it came from

Top Bottom