1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Building Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by darkedone02, Jun 10, 2014.

1. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

SVN Version: "7650"

I have a problem with this game with the world builder is giving me lots and lots of CtD problems and is very unstable on certain editable features, one of the features that allow me to edit food of a building, commerce, production, research, culture, and espionage has cause me to suffer a CtD with no error report when editing the food of any building.

How that I triggered this is that I started a brand new game to test the world builder, started at the very beginning in a custom game with certain custom settings, along with a random empire, and started the game up. After building the Alpha Male, I've decided to use the revamped World Builder, selected the city, selected the alpha male, and try to see if I could edit all the stats, however after entering 100 and pressing enter, the game immediately Crash to Desktop, no error.

There is also another crash that is different is that again, started a new game with custom game, random empire and so on, started a new game, open the world builder, selected the city, I tried to change the culture to the max level, however as I selected "phenomenal", it instead changed to "Illustrious", I've tried reselecting it to "phenomenal" again but it will not changed, so I've selected the manual culture number which was "800000", So i've changed it to "1800000" and then the ctd has happened with again no warning.

The Minidumps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j4zpe1rv0fh8v2/MiniDump_7621.dmp
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o97ojz3lzguibg/MiniDump_7626.dmp
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x5jnud8prr80s4/MiniDump_7643.dmp

(I don't know which is which, so here you go).

2. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

3. darkedone02

I do press enter, after changing the value of the culture from 800000 to 1800000, I automatically CtD, the same thing with the modification of adding food into the alpha male building.

4. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Make sure the cursor indicating the field you were editing is gone after pressing enter. Numpad Enter does not work for me but 'normal' Enter does fine. No crashes if I do that. Also, most if not all changes to city/building production are most likely gone after doing a Modifier Recalc.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

DH was working on some things here. We'll see how that goes. Perhaps at some point I can evaluate the minis but there's a high degree of likelihood the problem's going to be in the python or exe... usually is with these.

6. darkedone02

As long as you guys are trying to get rid of almost every bug in yall's mod, then that is good... I wish for one day I can actually use the world builder without having to crash often when editing something out...

I also wish I can edit the specials like the crime and air pollution values too using the world builder but first is that these bugs needs fixing before new content.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's not like one person is responsible for the whole mod or even has the skills to take responsibility for every corner of it. We don't have anyone here who directly understands the world builder in its entirety. AIAndy did... that's why it got merged in and adapted to C2C's Bug/bull environment from Platyping's initial efforts. He's not with us anymore (well... he does stop in and mention some helpful advice now and then) so we don't have anyone who has his degree of mastery over the subject so it's a maybe it'll be fixed someday kinda thing. Platy did update with some bug fixes on his worldbuilder but it's proving a little difficult to bring over apparently.

That said, one problem doesn't freeze the whole team's efforts on our own projects until that problem is resolved.

8. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Platy WB has been imported into many other BUG mods such as RI, History Rewritten and FFH.
    FFH's version is the most tedious since Magister actually incorporates FFH's stuff into it.

There is nothing conflicting between WB and BUG except for getWidgetHelp which is disabled by BUG for no benefit in my view.

If you don't want to add C2C's only stuff into WB, it is nothing more than copy and paste with mere adjustments.

You can contact any one of them to find out what minor adjustments necessary for BUG compatibility.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't work with python and don't intend to (except in severely minor modifications.)

On those matters I allow DH to address them. And I leave it up to him whether he wishes to work on it or not.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

There is no problem with the BUG part because there is no BUG version of WorldBuilder it just uses the standard one. After some work I have narrowed it down to differences in the Screens Interface module and that is all over the place. Some sections of code have been moved into subroutines and the code of other bits reordered. I need to be well enough to get my head around what it is doing before my next attempt.

11. platyping

Don't bother to analyze that file of old WB.
    In new version, it is simply 3 parts.
    1) Import files portion
    2) Mid portion which is pretty obvious
    3) Handle input at the bottom

All of which, are simply C&P

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Not yours C2C's! As I said elsewhere it looks to have stuff for viewports and such like in it which is why the code is reorganized.

13. darkedone02

so... is someone going to fix it?

14. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

I think you can avoid most CTDs by not using any of the text boxes and just use the buttons but it's annoying as hell to try and modify culture without the ability to type.

15. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Maybe, the coder for viewports has been gone now since Oct, and will NOT be coming back, he is to busy to mess with us any longer.:sad:

16. darkedone02

The only suggestion that I could say is that you guys might need to redeveloped the whole world builder again, as this is pretty unacceptable when someone work is not finished and left the team and nobody knows the how-do's to fix what's been broken for ages. If everyone in the team has time to spare on redeveloping the world builder so we have one that won't cause 50/50 crashes on the spot on editing culture, food, and other values, then that would very perfect for almost everyone who uses it just as much as I do.

17. platyping

So, take time to learn how to code and lend a helping hand?

18. darkedone02

If I ever got time, a clue, and a path for success, I would.

19. platyping

There are tutorials for python in the Web.
    As for civ specific stuff, it is in the API.
    Then there are working examples available for download.