World Congress: AI Get Votes from Gold-Feature or Bug?

DoodlesTheDragon

Chieftain
Currently using the October 7th 2020 version and I just recently got to the point of the game where World Congress was unlocked. I noticed that every single AI(except the Ottomans, who got their settler captured by barbarians and never founded their capital, doomed to have their Scout and 2 Warriors aimlessly wander the continent forever...) is receiving additional votes from the gold they produce.

Looking in the CoreTableEntries file shows this:

-- WC vote per GPT - GPT / x (value below) = votes
ALTER TABLE Buildings ADD COLUMN 'VotesPerGPT' INTEGER DEFAULT 0;

So this makes me wonder-have the AI been given a hidden building to help each of them compete more easily in the World Congress? Or is this some sort of bug? Or maybe there's a mid-game building I've missed?

Aside from the normal mod, I'm using WASD keys, a Delete Civs mod I made to reduce the number of civs, and Quick Turns. I am playing on King Difficulty on a Huge map.

FALSE ALARM EVERYONE. ISSUE RESOLVED.

So, I've realized the problem. One of the civs I deleted from the game was Venice. I did not delete the 3 unique buildings that are unlocked by Venice's Piazza San Marco National Monument replacement. One of those buildings grants 1 World Congress Delegate for every 100 GPT you produce... so there it is. They all built the Rialto District and have a bunch more World Congress Delegates now.

While I resolved not to use those buildings since I felt it would be cheating, clearly the AI did not see it the same way. There's about 74 World Congress Delegates now and we haven't even started getting delegates from City-State Allies yet. Gonna be interesting to see how this game turns out.

Top Bottom