World Congress - AI votes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dedrytus, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Dedrytus

Dedrytus Warlord

I have noticed that AI always votes "for": building buildings in the city center and for increasing costs for units built with faith, on the other hand, AI does not care about "districts works as culture bombs" - I choose myself and I always wins (with just one vote). Do you observed the same in your games, or it is just me?

Julia97 and Socrates99 like this.
  2. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

I always get the district bomb and the AI 9/10 times votes for the city centre. But the other one always varies for me, with my latest game being gold cost increased.

Socrates99 likes this.
  3. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I've been heavily out-voted on the culture bomb things, like I put 7 or 8 votes for myself, and someone beat me with 9 votes on them self.

4. FenrisWolf456

FenrisWolf456 Chieftain

I have seen some votes for Encampments for the building production boost vote, but City Centre always wins by a landslide. Likely it's due to the AI seeing what they have (or even what they are currently building) and just seeing which they are doing the most of. And really, it does make sense to vote for the district that you will have the most of ... you will never have anything more than the number of cities you have.

To be honest, City Centre should be removed from that vote, as it should be apparent it's meant to help boost and delay specialty district construction amongst the civs, not general building construction.

acluewithout likes this.
  5. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I "love" how they waste all their votes on an aid emergency in which everyone and always vote yes, and they don't have any votes left for the proper congress.

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Oh, you mean like this:
    Spoiler :

upload_2019-4-25_22-7-3.png

With friends like that ...

To add insult to injury, literally two turns later, Montezuma - who is at war with Georgia and has denounced both England and Egypt - asks for help, and guess who votes for that suggestion ...

Meluhhan, Kjimmet and Pietato like this.
  7. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

When it happens to other AI they always vote yes.

8. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Those often fail.

9. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Again the AI? Is Ed Beach able to make it work as expected?

10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

The AI is working exactly as expected... for a Firaxis post-2010 game.

Civrinn likes this.
  11. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Buildings in the city centre are loved by the AI, but I wouldn't say that AI "always" pick that option, there is some variation. Faith for units is also frequent, but now I'm not sure which way they vote: to increase or decrease the cost. Last time I voted I realised afterwards that I helped to double the cost of units for production when I wanted exactly the opposite. Whoopsie... :crazyeye:

But after the last patch and hotfix, now I notice that those early votes for 2 diplo victory points are no longer as easy to pick up with one additional vote as they were earlier. Some AI would pour in quite a few votes to pick them up.

As for the aid emergencies, shouldn't countries at war with each other be excluded from participating? I had a situation, where Hungary asked for aid, everybody said yes and were sending huge amounts of aid, including France, who was the second largest donor despite the fact that she was at war with Hungary and proceeded to to decimate Hungarian troops and take cities, while sending them generous amounts of aid at the same time. Catherine moves in very devious ways.

12. FenrisWolf456

FenrisWolf456 Chieftain

I suppose you could also look at things as Catherine actually being a champion for the people, fighting against the 'despotic' rule of Corvius and his heavy-handed troops while doing all she can to protect the people, even so much as to 'liberate' their cities from the iron grip of tyranny and providing much needed gold and supplies to the desperate people ravaged by war and disaster.

Clearly the Hungarian ruler must be brought down, but the people should not be made to suffer for it!

13. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yeah, I've been trying to look at this from various point of views, including this, but this one does not hold water very well: she would be aiming to help people by giving money to Corvinus administration, like everybody else, surely she's not so naive as to trust him to use the funds only for disaster recovery efforts, and not for guns.

So I've come to conclusion that she fully expected Corvinus to buy more troops... and here's the catch - Hungary was the most technologically backward country in the world, so their units were no match for France's superior army. So she only wanted to farm more XP and level up her units. Devious and cunning devil she is, like I said :)