World Congress - First host

LukaSlovenia29

Emperor
Hi!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, if so, mea culpa.

If I remember correctly, the first civ that meets all other civs and researches Printing press becomes the host of the first ever World congress. And if I further remember correctly, no vote on picking the host takes place for a very very very long time.

Is that something that's, in the opinion of the community, balanced? Should we have a sooner vote of the host after the founding of World congress?

In my opinion, the current system offers too great of a reward for the civ that becomes the host of the WC upon its founding. I'd propose that the first vote for the world congress host takes place around 30 turns after its founding.

Thanks for your replies.

I will agree the first vote is really far out from the initial founding in most cases. I don’t think the current system is bad but I wouldn’t be opposed to a change

The vote for a change comes with the majority reaching industrial or someone getting to modern I think, in my experience this nets you 2 guaranteed proposals, who might or might not pass, 3 if things are going at snail's pace tech wise. Imho the reward is not that good, you get 1 extra vote (so 1 great diplomat), and for huge maps (maybe on standard size this is different) religious autorithy nets you 3 votes, more if you expanded it a lot (up to 6 I think), the statecraft policy also nets you 3 votes.
Imho if that seat and position is so "powerful", would you consider entering every time through printing press into the renaissance? I know I wouldn't, but this might be just me.

I suspect you're just feeling frustrated by that deity runaway civ who's hogged half the wonders, is 10 techs and 4 policies ahead of you, has a fully enhanced and reformed religion and just founded the WC and gets to be host too, then gets a world religion proposal passed for good measure.

I suspect you're just feeling frustrated by that deity runaway civ who's hogged half the wonders, is 10 techs and 4 policies ahead of you, has a fully enhanced and reformed religion and just founded the WC and gets to be host too, then gets a world religion proposal passed for good measure.
That's the feeling I got too. @Rafs did a good job to spell out why it's fair.

That's why World Congress Reformation allows Change Host to be a proposable resolution. Although only allowing the three civilizations to propose Change Host. The AI will sometime use it to garner votes in their favor to be host(or realizing people like this other gal more which this sudden small nation become host) or to change views away from other resolutions.

Top Bottom