World Congress proposals - is it just me?

mikeg

Chieftain
So far I have found that every single game (5 or so) that I have played, I have been able to enact one of the first two World Congress proposals despite not being the host and not having the Forbidden Palace i.e. only having 1 delegate.

Have I just been lucky? Does anyone know how the second proposer gets determined, when all civs are equal with 1 delegate? I can't believe it's programmed so that the player always gets to choose in this situation as this would make it fairly pointless to try and be the host other than for the extra 1 delegate (unless you knew someone had built the FP).

I had believed it to be the civ with the greatest culture, but that doesn't seem to add up either as I'm quite well behind in my latest game and still got to choose a proposal.

I do think I have read somewhere here that if there is tie on who is the second proposer, it is based on player order, player 1 first and so on and since you in SP games are player 1, yes it will be you.
If the election of a new host becomes tie, it will go to the current host.

I do think I have read somewhere here that if there is tie on who is the second proposer, it is based on player order, player 1 first and so on and since you in SP games are player 1, yes it will be you.
If the election of a new host becomes tie, it will go to the current host.

Hmm not too sure I like that - I would rather it go to the civ that has built up the most total culture up to that point or something like that.

I can also confirm that if an elected host is eliminated from the game while a vote is pending it defaults to the previous host, but no proposals change.

Hmm not too sure I like that - I would rather it go to the civ that has built up the most total culture up to that point or something like that.

I don't know where I read it or who said it. It could have been a ranter. I hope your right though (would be better than player order).

I read a while back before BNW was released that it was based on culture per turn. I'm not sure if that's the case anymore though, or if that was even true in the first place.

My first game as the Shoshone, I never got to propose a resolution.

Also, In my latest game I found out (the hard way) that once the "Choose new host" proposal comes up, you are wasting you're money buying off city states, because their delegates won't count as yours until the following turn

My first game as the Shoshone, I never got to propose a resolution.

Also, In my latest game I found out (the hard way) that once the "Choose new host" proposal comes up, you are wasting you're money buying off city states, because their delegates won't count as yours until the following turn
I learned that the hard way too.

Top Bottom