[GS] World Congress Resolution - Mercenary Companies, +100% cost up with production (FIXED)

cholsy

Warlord
I expected some increase in build turn or cost of my military units while this is active.
In same way, I also expected some decrease after its expiry.
+100% is not a tiny change but I cannot find any difference actually when I observe the game...
Did I expect something wrong?
Anybody knows what the real impact of this resolution is?
Thank you.

The extra cost for producing is either production, gold or faith. Check the active effects.

The extra cost for producing is either production, gold or faith. Check the active effects.

Of course, the active effect is production.
20190302213256_1.jpg

{EDIT} save file is just before expiry of this effect.
For example, in Ngaruwahia, it takes 19 turns to build a cavarly.
After expiry, it takes same 19 turns.

Attachments

• JOHN CURTIN 281 2000 AD.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
Last edited:
So you doubled the cost of making units using production? Did you put a policy that reduced the cost of produces units on after that?

I really hate this proposal, as the A and B options appear to be reversed, compared to any other proposals.

The only mil policy he had active was the -50% upgrade cost policy. The cost (at quick speed) of Cavalry is 221 cogs. Dividing 221 by that city's production (12.1) yields 18.26 turns to completion (so 19 turns), which means the WC resolution was having no effect on his production cost or time.

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports forum

World Congress is not working correctly, I found this to be the case in my games as well. I think they need to do some serious optimizations on civ6 and fixes.

Those resolutions attach a modifier to all players with the effect EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_BUFF_UNIT_PRODUCTION_YIELD.
That would suggest that the argument is the amount of buff to the production. Which is confusing because the descriptions talk about the cost.
And so:
WC_RES_UNIT_PRODUCTION_YIELD_DEBUFF (+100% cost) has an argument -100
WC_RES_UNIT_PRODUCTION_YIELD_BUFF (-50% cost) has an argument +50.

BUT: if those arguments are actually buffs to production, it means that the 1st one is probably ignored because it zeroes the production, and the second one adds 50% to production.
I suppose in the 2nd case, since there is an actual bonus, then probably nobody actually bothered to check what exactly this bonus is. -50% cost is 2x as fast production, so it should add +100% to production, but since it probably adds +50% then it is harder to catch.

The correct values should be -50 and +100. In the first case then you have half of production, thus equvalent of +100% cost, and in the 2nd case you have double production, thus equivalent of -50% cost.

Or maybe the definitions are ok and there is a bug in the DLL that calculates effects :dunno:

Reactions: cvb
Or maybe the definitions are ok and there is a bug in the DLL that calculates effects :dunno:
Wouldn't it be nice, if we could have a look and be sure? :) (And tell them where.)

Last year, I used to check this issue whenever I encountered this WC.
-50% production buff worked well.
In case of gold, both buff and debuff worked well.
I guess the Dev team applied same formula, just ignoring some difference between production yield and purchase cost.

Top Bottom