WORLD CREATION - Barbarians

Barbarians

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This poll is to determine the Barbarian settings we will use in C3C.

Jesus, CT. Don't you ever read anything we post. Don't you care what we're talking about? These issues have all been polled before! I believe Barbs have been been done twice. Take your game and shove it. I hope you and YNCS are happy.

In fact, looking at those polls again, they were unnoficial, and did not contain all of the info needed for Civ3 Conquests. I've reopened the other polls.

I think DG4 was on raging. (Remember the northern/eastern desert? Barbs kept coming out of there non-stop!

Classy move re-opening the thread containing Cyc's ban. :rolleyes:

Does the line for the polls run past the stockades for a reason? At least it has enlightened me as to why there hasn't been much discussion about our rules lately.

Probably just another oversight, I guess. Perhaps best not to question.......

EDIT: Voted Abstain as a protest what is either an irresponsible oversight olr a blatant misuse of authority. If we can't question it, you shouldn't flaunt it. :nono:

Raging... the bigger the challenge the more were foced to focus on the game itself.

Let me ask a question before voting: Who here actually likes having barbarians in a game? Whenever I play, they're simply a nuisance. I'm not sure how upping the level of Barbs would improve the Demogame. Let's just keep it at Roaming.

p.s.- Though he was a bit too vitriolic, I have to agree with Cyc (wherever he is :rolleyes: ). We've already polled all the World options, I'm not sure why we're wasting time repolling these when there are far more important things we should be spending our energy on.

Kind of Ironic how the World Creation Barbarian Level Polls always live up to their names.
Maybe it is a Freudian slip, but these polls tend to stoop into savagery of some posters :D

I'd go for the most violent of barbs to add a bit of a cutting edge to the start of the game.

Moderator, please amend vote from Random to Raging. No more sissy.

RAGING -- lots of gold and units are trained fast. If random, there may be no goody huts.

Don't switch from Random to Raging! Then you know with certainty they are coming!

Better to vote Random so you don't know if you need to prepare or not. That is the real challenge.

Actually, you can tell by when you 1st see a barbarian. In my experience, if you see one before 3000bc, it is raging; if you see one around 3000bc, it is restless; and if you don't see one until about 2500bc, it is roaming.

I agree with Donovan. As I've been saying all along, we don't need to tailor the Demogame world to our whims. Do we really think that we're not skilled enough to handle a little uncertainty?

Top Bottom