World Cup 2010

Zamphyr

Master of the Pan Flute
Host should be announced Saturday..who will get it ? Who should ?

I think South Africa will get it.

South Africa will get it, but I'd prefer if Morocco or Egypt did.

South Africa should be hosting 2006 world cup but as their not they should host 2010 one

South Africa
Morocco
Egypt
Libya
Tunisa ? think they withdrew their bid

pretty much between the top 2. Europe wants Morocco because its nice and close.

Morocco should get it!!!

S. Africa were robbed from the '06, but remember that Morocco were robbed from the '94 one.

IN conclusion: MOROCCO!!! (I'm I spelling it right?)

MrPresident said:
You can't give it to Morocco. They have a serious problem with terrorism at the moment.

Well, S.A. isn't exactly the safest country in the world either. Any of the candidate countries would have security problems. Heck, any country...
I think that it''ll become either Egypt or Morocco, with the argument that it'd not only be an african WC, but an arab as well.

Shabbaman said:
Well, S.A. isn't exactly the safest country in the world either. Any of the candidate countries would have security problems. Heck, any country...
The recent bombings in Spain are directly linked to terrorist groups in Morocco. There have also been several terrorist attacks within the country. I am not saying S.A. is the safest country in the world, just that it is much safer than Morocco, especially with regard to the major security threat to the world at the moment Islamic fundamentalist terrorism.

By the way it's official, South Africa have been given the 2010 World Cup.

Archer 007 said:
On a related note, why was their such a problem about Cameroon's uniforms?

Haha, yeah the got penalized (6 pts?) for their 1 piece unis. Blatter trotted out the official rules of the game, citing the need for shorts + T-shirt, blah blah. What it came down to is FIFA didn't like them, warned Cameroon three(?) times over a year and a half period and Cameroon never listened.

I just thought they were funny looking.

And congrats to S.Africa. Time to get your country in order.

PS- I'm secretly hoping they won't be able to handle it and the WC will slide to US, Mexico, Australia last minute ala Columbia '86. :satan:

Let's see who've got the World Cup recently :

1990 : Italy (6th largest economy in the World)
1994 : USA (1st largest economy in the world)
1998 : France (5th largest economy in the world)
2002 : Japan (2nd largest economy in the world)
2006 : Germany (3rd largest economy in the world)

That's weird ! Normally the UK should have got the World Cup for 2010, they are missing !! :eek:

EDIT : My point wasn't to say that money leads the FIFA, but... well yes that was my point.

Marla_Singer said:
Let's see who've got the World Cup recently :

1990 : Italy (6th largest economy in the World)
1994 : USA (1st largest economy in the world)
1998 : France (5th largest economy in the world)
2002 : Japan (2nd largest economy in the world)
2006 : Germany (3rd largest economy in the world)

That's weird ! Normally the UK should have got the World Cup for 2010, they are missing !! :eek:

EDIT : My point wasn't to say that money leads the FIFA, but... well yes that was my point.

Let's hope South Africa bucked the trend, because according to this source, we've got the 8 largest economy in the world, and frankly, a World Cup in Canada would be a disaster... so Go South Africa!

Archer 007 said:
@Zamphyr: Why are one-piece uniforms against the rules?

Laws of the Game - Law 4

The basic compulsory equipment of a player is :

a jersey or shirt
shorts - if thermal undershorts are worn, they must be the same color as the main shorts
stockings
shinguards
footwear

To be honest, I'm a dumb American and don't know of a historic reason, but all sports have their quirky uniform rules (see baseball & sock regulations). Leagues like having standard uniforms. I can't imagine the NBA would let the Bulls wear Nike one piece body suits as regular uniforms.....

Top Bottom