World Domination 1885

not sure what you mean with "soup yet" but im tryin to answer some questions :p

first glad there are more fans of this era, but its still no mod yet just a scenario so you can combine it with all mod-comps you like,

i tried to be as historical correct as possible but some gameplay fun things i added are slightly out of date some wars/rebellions (max5years) just so it isnt that flat

the map tries to give you the feeling as playing on the real world in all its beautiness,

it is all working fine and finally i think the balance is alright hope this helped you ^.^

seems there arent many fans of 1885 era besides us two with such few downloads

I love this time period. However. I dont love downloading and testing. That makes me lazy I guess. But it also indicates that i doint have much free time to play, so when i do, it needs to be something that i am pretty sure is fun and historically accurate. when i see that the is mod is working ok then i download.

Similar to this. Although I've bothered to design a mod/scenario that I seem to have been working on for ages. Probably going to wait for G&K before I do anymore work on it.

The main issue I have with the scenario is you set it too late in history. To me, 1815 - 1830 AD is a much better starting point. It makes it much MUCH harder to "execute" - (for example, how to get europe to colonise Africa, when there are so few cities to begin with there) so it kind of does need a dedicated mod, but at the same time much more interesting (imo).

There's the whole civ and CS selection thing being a bit out (Not a fan of more civs for the sake of it, lack of African CS), but meh.

Similar to this. Although I've bothered to design a mod/scenario that I seem to have been working on for ages. Probably going to wait for G&K before I do anymore work on it.

The main issue I have with the scenario is you set it too late in history. To me, 1815 - 1830 AD is a much better starting point. It makes it much MUCH harder to "execute" - (for example, how to get europe to colonise Africa, when there are so few cities to begin with there) so it kind of does need a dedicated mod, but at the same time much more interesting (imo).

There's the whole civ and CS selection thing being a bit out (Not a fan of more civs for the sake of it, lack of African CS), but meh.

Im not so into Colonizing, i more want rising Superpowers to fight each other for resources.

Im also not so happy with the not so many CS's thats the point why i made Poland, Finland etc. City-States while they were in real Occupied, but i cant find anymore for this time period and i want to stay in this period one reason is Germany wasnt unified until 1871 and i have no clue how i could do the unification of it, tho id like to do this id be interesting but im limited to XML modding.

anyway if you want to use the Scenario to set it back to 1830 or whatever feel free to do that :p

since im not playing anymore (until G&K) i wont update much or do anything at all.

Im not so into Colonizing, i more want rising Superpowers to fight each other for resources.

Im also not so happy with the not so many CS's thats the point why i made Poland, Finland etc. City-States while they were in real Occupied, but i cant find anymore for this time period and i want to stay in this period one reason is Germany wasnt unified until 1871 and i have no clue how i could do the unification of it, tho id like to do this id be interesting but im limited to XML modding.

anyway if you want to use the Scenario to set it back to 1830 or whatever feel free to do that :p

since im not playing anymore (until G&K) i wont update much or do anything at all.

Well, the way I look at it is I put a lot of CS on the map and hope the AI's will conquer them. I have (another) scen I'm working on, where I basically more than halved city strength, AI can easily take many cities when it's like that. I guess I wanted them to fight for resources too, but differently, in that I wanted them to fight the CS's in the first stage then each other later on.

The list I put together of CS's (I haven't checked if these were still independent at 1871 AD)
Korea, Aceh, Siam, Vietnam, Burma, Afghanistan, Kokand, Khiva, Bukhara, Oman, Ethiopia, Boers, Zululand, Tunis, Abomey (Dahomey), Kumasi (Ashanti), Zanzibar, Kukawa (Kanem-Bornu), Sokoto, Morocco, Merina (Madagascar), Egypt (pseudo-independent from Ottomans, yet to be attacked by europe at 1830), Serbia, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Sweden-Norway, Finland, Denmark, Mexico, Gran Colombia, Peru, Paraguay, Chile

Vietnam was pretty much occupied by france in 1870's and Burma by Britan as far as i know but the idea just had is why not make all those Colonies to City States Influenced by the correct Civ? this would make the whole thing maybe abit more dynamic
thats something i probably will do when i get back at it.

the problem i have with making Civs to City States is that some ppl would be pissed if make their homeland a CS and they cant play it anymore :p

Edit: whats Hwaching? xD

i just downloaded your scenarios i noticed some wars which are missing and some wars which didnt happen until years later

happened years later
- spanish-american war didnt happen until 1898
- italy didnt capture addis ababa until the second italian-abyssinian war of 1935

missing wars
-Mahdist War, Tonkin Campaign, Mandingo Wars, Sino-French War, North-West Rebellion, Serbo-Bulgarian War, First Madagascar expedition and Third Anglo-Burmese War

so yes the spanish war startet later but U.S.A. did support the Cuban rebellion and i just wanted to add something interesting for U.S.A. at the beginning since its pretty boring to play them anyways :p

addis abeba wasnt really conquered that early but the Italian troops atleast tried it afaik
so i letting the random seed decide it if they can conquer it or not.

there is the Mahdist war in South Egypt if i missed anything bout that war tell me what ^.^

the other wars thank you for the Hints im goin to do some research bout them and will add them.

sincerly yours.

usa supported the cubian rebellion by having a large fleet of men and ships just off the shore of manila? its obvious usa will take the Philippines, thats the spanish-american war of 1898 calling it something interesting for usa or not :p

yes the italians were fighting ethiopia around that time but it was in eritrea not addis ababa and there real war over the area was in 1888

you did add the Mahdist war and i missed that my apologies but both ethiopia and italy fought on the same side during the mahdist war which you have missed since you have them at war with each other

with usa supporting cuba i was tryin to say that usa and spain are almost in a war-like state and so i just startet their war earlier cause the AI would just do their boring and stupid stuff if i leave them completely alone with their decisions.

seems my research about addis ababa was wrong tryin to correct that somehow.

what i wanted to try with those City States Conquered at the beginning is to give players the chance to Liberate those CS's cause i dont have the ability to script such events.

that i cant script these things also is the reason why some wars are slightly out of date cause otherwise just nothin would happen, and like that i force the AI to do something.

Edit: anyhow thanks for giving me a push and ideas about Historical wars ^.^

shame you don't know anyone who can do scripts for the scenarios. i know you can script wars to start on certain dates on civ4 so i assume you can do the same for civ5

your research about ethiopia and italy aint really wrong they were fighting each other on and off for a good while and i wouldnt be supriced if you researched hard enough you'd find italy planned to attack addis ababa but around that time they were fighting for eritrea and also you have to consider that they were also fighting together during the Mahdist war during 1885.

if you want to make changes to the scenario then try the ingame editor mod. you can add and remove units cities etc.

please dont think im trying to insult your scenario i am not. i am just giving you constructive criticism. you seem to have put some good work into the scenario. its just i have an interest in history and i like scenarios to be VERY accurate. i spot things no one else ever does trust me lol.

P.S keep up the good work and good luck with your improvements

and playing generated maps is something i just dont want to do you know, its just to strange to have real world civilizations running around on a phantasie world, i cant accept that ;D would be cool to have something that simulates the evolution of civilizations while you play it and everyone starts as something "blank" like in Spore.
and not to start as a spezific Civ.

not yet and maybe will not ever be updated, since im working on a new "World Domination 1885" and "World Domination 1920" Scenario on Genghis Kai's Giant Earth map converted by Gedemon for G&K with some modded content.

it will start Historicly correct but with open end and "sandbox" like gameplay.

focusing on the whole World not just one theatre.

thanks! :)

one other question: Are you meant to keep the game speed at marathon? or should this be overwritten by the scenario speed mod? I chose normal speed and it does seem to have an effect.

Top Bottom