World domination, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by m35, Jan 13, 2010.

1. m35

m35 Chieftain

I'm playing on monarch difficulty level and I always try to go for full domination, wiping out every other civ. I haven't been very successful, at most I've taken out 3 civs and then my empire begins to collapse and the conquered civilizations declare independence. I once played as russia and had germany come back to life 3 separate times, one time they declared independence one turn after I had just defeated them!

Has anyone actually been able to conquer all the other civs (I'm interested in detailed stories)? I'm beginning to think that with the negative stability from expanding beyond the historic borders makes this virtually impossible.

Are there any mods that would make world domination a realistic goal? Maybe something that reduces the negative stability from over expansion beyond historical boundaries? I don't mind too much if this means the game doesn't follow as closely with history...

Thanks

2. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

3. m35

m35 Chieftain

Wow! You've got quite the list of accomplishments. Thanks a bunch for posting those links, plenty of reading material to keep me busy.

The only thing is that your username contradicts your playing style :lol:

4. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Bear in mind that most of these were done before Rhye "corrected" the tricks I used (e.g. squatting, multiple Olympic Parks) but also before he gave some stability points to building Intelligence Agencies and Security Bureaus. So it's probably hard but still doable for the ones I and blizzrd did.

5. m35

m35 Chieftain

Do you know if there is any way to easily disable civs from re-spawning? I don't mind too much if individual cities declare independence but to me having a civ respawn and take all their old cities plus possibly some of the cities you founded on their territory is a little excessive.

thanks again

6. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Don't learn Nationalism. I believe that respawns will only occur after some nation has learnt Nationalism.

7. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

We know. I think it is called "irony".

8. m35

m35 Chieftain

I would have never guessed!

9. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

I think it would be ironic... if we were all made of iron.

Ten points for whoever gets the reference...

10. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

How about this?

Spoiler :
    There's a joke about the definition of irony in Red Vs Blue. After it becomes clear the two teams are in an Enemy Mine situation, having to defeat an evil AI who took control of the teams' (yes, both of them) pacifistic doctor:
    Grif: So now we have to work together; how ironic.
    Simmons: That's not ironic; ironic would be it we had to work together to hurt each other.
    Sarge: I think it would be ironic if instead of bullets our guns shot a magical substance which heals all wounds.
    Caboose: I think it would be ironic if we were all made of iron.
    [Time Skip]
    Church: Okay. We all agree that while the current situation is not totally ironic, the fact that we now have to work together is odd in an unexpected way that defies our normal circumstances.

11. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

Best. Web Series. Ever.

12. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

You might not like this, but if you "disable" stability (by having it set to 'Solid' for every civ then you will never get respawns. Also, no civs will ever collapse, either.

It can lead to quite interesting situations, such as if you decide to play as Germany and take over all of Europe - all the Europeans will relocate somewhere else :p

13. laxpimpj

laxpimpj Chieftain

and how would one do that?

14. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

You could always search this forum for "turn off stability" and see what you find?

I did and I found this thread.

You could easily have done the same? Just a thought.

15. laxpimpj

laxpimpj Chieftain

I have read that thread before. The solution provided does not work. Civs respawn.
    But thanks for the smug reply.

16. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

You're welcome. :love: