1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

World Editor Outside the Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by NuclearPowered, Dec 26, 2005.

1. NuclearPowered

NuclearPowered Chieftain

Heya guys, is there any way to use the World Editor instead of starting a game, hitting escape, and going to it? Two examples of what I want are Morrowind's TES Construction Set and Warcraft 3's amazing World Editor? Or must we live with it in game :p

2. Dogzilla

Dogzilla Chieftain

Some have already been made, check utilities or maps forums. There are several to choose from.

3. NuclearPowered

NuclearPowered Chieftain

I know, but a 3rd party editor is ever as good. Nobody's answering my question so just lock the topic

4. Gr3yHound

Gr3yHound Mr.MapView

see my sig,
    MapView is able to edit Maps quite good, it still has stuff that is not supported but i think you can do 90% of a Map with MapView assuming you don´t want to place cities or units. For example you could use The Atlas Project to create a basic map and edit it with MapView later.