World Ideology and culture victory [Bug ?]

LittleFellow

Chieftain
Hi,

During my last game with the 7/15 Beta, I was 3 turns left to finish the Citizen Earth Protocol. I already felt the victory...

There was a world congress this turn. Someone wanted to enact Order as the World Ideology. I had chosen Freedom and I used all my delegates for my proposal (World Religion) for the 50% tourism bonus, just in case. The turn after, Order was enact as World Ideology and I couldn't continue to build the Citizen Earth Protocol. I checked and I was still Influential with all the civs.

Is it a bug ? If not, it would say that the world congress can literrally forbid the culture victory. It is problematic !

NB : I'm very happy with this beta. All seems so much more balanced. Before Siam decide to conquer the world, 6 of the 8 AI were nearly at the same tech level (except Siam and Poland as a Tradition warmonger runnaway with more than 11 cities ! So weird...
He had big happiness issues in the late game but he was still about to win (and nuke me by the way :nuke:)

Hi,

During my last game with the 7/15 Beta, I was 3 turns left to finish the Citizen Earth Protocol. I already felt the victory...

There was a world congress this turn. Someone wanted to enact Order as the World Ideology. I had chosen Freedom and I used all my delegates for my proposal (World Religion) for the 50% tourism bonus, just in case. The turn after, Order was enact as World Ideology and I couldn't continue to build the Citizen Earth Protocol. I checked and I was still Influential with all the civs.

Is it a bug ? If not, it would say that the world congress can literrally forbid the culture victory. It is problematic !

NB : I'm very happy with this beta. All seems so much more balanced. Before Siam decide to conquer the world, 6 of the 8 AI were nearly at the same tech level (except Siam and Poland as a Tradition warmonger runnaway with more than 11 cities ! So weird...
He had big happiness issues in the late game but he was still about to win (and nuke me by the way :nuke:)
Your people have to be content with your ideology. The World Ideology proposition likely made it so that you started to suffer ideology unhappiness and thus that blocked out your culture victory.

@chicorbeef
I forgot to say that I had more than 80 happiness.

Definitively a bug so ? :rolleyes:

You can check this when looking at your ideology: In the bottom, it should say "Content. If it says "Dissidents", "Civil Resistance" or "Revolutionary wave", you can't win culturally (that's what happens most probably to you). You can also aee this on tourism screen in one of the tabs (for every player). But you can switch ideology, then build the Citizen Earth Protocol.

Top Bottom