World Map Question

parabellummatt

Chieftain
I've had a desire to play as America on the huge world map scenario for some time. But whenever I add Ameria as a civ in WB and then make a worldbuilder save, when I go to try to play the save as a scenario only the default playable empires for the scenario show up. Is there anything I can do to have a playable America on the big world map?
Let me add, this mod is my favorite strategy game of all time! It's truly an incredible work.

As I remember they "appear" per event at the correct historical time, they unite the tribes there, and most European colonies that may be,

and in no time become a powerhouse.

There already being an US from the start, would likely spoil that...

Ahhh i see! So I'll have to progress the game till then and then make a WB save.
I guess it keys off of the actual in-game year and not the technology level? I've hit industrial a couple times on that map without America spawning.

I feel the above is misleading - in World Map scenarios, American civ doesn't normally spawn. What I would suggest is that you open the WB save you created in a text editor (Notepad++ highly recommended) and check the civ you added to ensure it has "PlayableCiv=1" (you'll see it in all the regular civs' entries)

Again, those are turned off for world maps normally, unless someone turns them on by hand. The only "legit" way to spawn it in these scenarios would be someone conquering stuff there and then releasing the colony.

I feel the above is misleading - in World Map scenarios, American civ doesn't normally spawn. What I would suggest is that you open the WB save you created in a text editor (Notepad++ highly recommended) and check the civ you added to ensure it has "PlayableCiv=1" (you'll see it in all the regular civs' entries)
I see! Thank you so, so much! Would you have any suggestion for how to add civs like Ukraine or Taiwan to the scenario besides letting them spawn from revolts?
Thanks so much already, though! I'm most excited to try this out.

I would very much caution against it. Huge world map scenario is already almost at maximum civ count, and at least some free slots are needed or weird stuff starts happening. TBH, it is barely playable as it is, even without adding more stuff.

I would very much caution against it. Huge world map scenario is already almost at maximum civ count, and at least some free slots are needed or weird stuff starts happening. TBH, it is barely playable as it is, even without adding more stuff.
I see, thank you so much! I'll content myself with just America for now. I made it to late industrial playing as Russia, and boy was that a lot of fun. I just found myself wanting to try America next!
Once again, thank you so much for all your help. This is a truly beautiful mod and it is my favorite strategy game of all time 😄

Well, due to tech transfer and an aggressive tech rush from the AIs playing Mali and England, we hit the industrial era by like the 1600s. I don't think I kept playing the game till 1776 in the game's time, but i can check my save.

Either way, when we reached the appropriate tech level, I used worldbuilder to add the USA in North America with a couple cities and a military with which they began to conquer/vassalize the Native American civs.

It's just that when I made a WB save and tried to load it and play as America, I couldn't, so I'm going to try Walter's fix.

Top Bottom