World of Tanks Beta

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by MobBoss, Aug 13, 2010.

1. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

True, about arty being frustrating, but modules and crew go a long way to helping out. My sturmpanzer 2 (accuracy like 0.48 or something) is pretty fun to play with the appropriate modules, commander at 100%, and crew pretty high up there.
    Arty is also part psychological warfare in that you disrupt a close formation, or psyche an enemy into doing something stupid like running out of cover into the teeth of your allies. In that way you win just by being scary.

2. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

sturmpanzer II... fun to play... :dubious:

3. Hammurabi II

Hammurabi II Warlord

Actually, my sturmpanzer II was one of the more fun arties to play for some reason. Seemed to fire pretty quickly and accurately.

4. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

I play TD's too and it is true that as soon as you are spotted you are going to get all the arty attention you never wanted. The other side in this is that if you play a lot of arty, you also learn the limitations of artillery and in the end this improves your game with other tank types.

I don't understand players who don't play arty and say it's ruining the game. They aren't really allpowerful killing machines, as you said they have been nerfed to hell and back. I share your frustration with the accuracy(high tier), it's really a gamble. In some games you seem to hit everything and some games you hit nothing.

Yeah, especially when you see Leopards in the opposite teams roster and everyone leaves the arty alone.. Good example was one game in Murovanka with my friend when we played SU-26's and the enemy had 2 leopard's in a platoon. I said to my friend that they're obviously gonna rush us, so we hid behind houses at the start of the match and eventually they rushed to our base. Our team rushed north, but luckily we had one player wise enough to stay in base with a hetzer. The leopards got de-tracked on the open and we destroyed them with direct fire with the hetzers support. Their arty tried to shoot us, but we we're behind the houses of course :)

Leopards are so predictable.

Anyway, I still find the SU-26 and Grille to be the most fun artilleries to play.

5. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

The Su-26 has a huge arc on it that allows it to hit targets behind cover that a lot of other arty cant hit. I can remember many, many times that I've been behind rocks, ledges, buildings or whatever, and still got hit by some pesky Su-26 somewhere.

6. GoodGame

I finally got my KV-3 this weekend. And I used it to kill.....a MAUS!

(Actually it was a just a wounded duck killing, probably at 2% health. It was already fleeing battle and I mopped it up before it was fully successful). Turns out it was worth around 20 to 27K (not sure because we capped for an early win). For a Random public battle, it was an epic battle amid the house to house fighting between tiger 2s, IS-7s, and others.

7. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

That is one reason why I like it. It's the only arty that is playable in the city maps while the germans can't shoot over any building. Equipped with gun laying drive and rammer it is annoying even to the likes of T29 and other big tanks because you can hit them almost every shot. If you know how to play it, the huge arc gives you the possibility to shoot tanks behind cover by aiming behind them so the shell hits the top of the turret. I usually try to aim heavies on top of the engine, so many times even löwes will have to fear the pesky thing. The only drawback is the range. You have to go dangerously close to the front line or you can't reach their artilleries etc.

8. cardgame

I got my KV-3 a week ago or so, and yeah it's a lot of fun hehe :D

9. MobBoss

ETA on the next patch? I keep hearing 'soon' but thats a bit hard to quantify. Also, will this also be a sequential patch? By that I mean they only really updated the US meds and added their TDs last time.....are they doing only Russian or German changes? Or both on this one? Or more changes to the US heavy tree (i.e. making the T34 a premium tank?)?

Less than 20k out from my T34, so unless the patch is only a day or so away I should make it ok.

10. GoodGame

I'd heard in the in-game channels that the Russians are already using it but are stress-testing it. The rumor is somewhere between Wednesday Evening and the end of this weekend (to the 12th).

Friday night sounds right to me, since patching is pure hell on the servers, then they might as well do it over a weekend.

EDIT: I'm 99% sure that the patch will only be the Germans. And the forum is only promising August sometime, but officially they think by Friday.

Official forum note:

So there'll be very minor non-German tweaks, two new lower tier premium Germans, and most importantly, FREE VOIP in-game and FREE random plt matches for one friend. I'd heard premium platoons will be upped to 4 members, but that's not listed.

11. MobBoss

Ah, so the new german heavies and changes to their tree?

12. GoodGame

Yep, there's a video link too.

Link to video.

I'm kind of excited about the T-25, but there'll be interesting tier 5 tanks coming out soon like M-24, which for all I know will be premium too.

Tier 11 might be coming too!!!!!
    Spoiler :

13. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

i would like to see a game mode where your team fights a npc one of those

14. cardgame

The T-25 medium tank does look interesting... I think it'll be like a tier 5 VK DB

15. MobBoss

Ok, looking at that video, whats the difference between the Maus and the E-100? They look the same.

16. GoodGame

It's like the WoW difference between "Tank" (s.i.c.) and "DPS"er. Maus is still the meat shield, though it sounds like its getting nerfed or something.

The 10th is the date!

17. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

e-100 is faster and has a 150mm gun but has less armor

also Mob you can check this page out for the latest new on WoT
    http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/

18. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I thought I had read that there would be 15 new skills for crews ?

19. GoodGame

There's about exactly that comment in the Overlord's Blog of definite future additions, but no timeline.

20. GoodGame

I just got the new patch.

Surprising new ninja-edit feature: the German tech tree is altered.

Kind of a bummer as I was grinding through PZ4 to get Hummel, but now Pz3/4 is needed for that. I kind of like Pz3-> Pz3/4 aesthetically now, but I wish they'd put out warning, because I didn't really want the Pz4.