World of Tanks Beta

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by MobBoss, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Esckey

Esckey Deity

The tech tree change also screwed up my path, but in a slightly better way

So when is the Russian part of the patch coming?

2. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

From the website the Russians are post 0.7 with no definite ETA. It looks like the US top tanks are next on the patch list. That's why I'll be working on the T32 > T34. I dont see myself being able to make it all the way to the T30 in time for the patch given how long the grind is and from a friend who has it how bad the tank is. Hes dosnt have the 120mm gun yet so is sucking it up with the 105

On the other Hand my IS4 exp is up to 125,000 exp just from playing doubles. I really should play it more will everyone else is still mostly lower tiers as it is fun being at the top with this tank.

Still the patch is rather good is a lot of new German tanks now being played. People must have been sitting on a huge amount of exp to have instantly unlocked the E100, E50 I've been seeing in battles. I gave the PantherII with the 70L100 a few battles, not bad when compared with the US90mm or Soviets100mm.

3. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Russian designer want to nerf the german tanks further so the Russian tree>>>>> German tree.

Spoiler :

Rainbow gun for the loss!

4. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I can confirm that the new German E50 is just a monster of a med tank, and quite possibly better performing than either the T-54 or Patton. Its quite nasty.

And FF, just like you I am not looking forward to unlocking my T34 and having to grind a tier 9 with only a 105mm weapon. Thats going to suck hard.

5. Esckey

Esckey Deity

Well that sucks. Guess I'll sell my KV and KV3 and start working on something else, don't want those taking up precious garage space

6. GoodGame

Anyone bought the German T-25 with gold? The stats look pretty good, and fast too. Only weak points are it's kind of tall, doesn't steer well, and slow rate of fire (and not a tier 6 gun).

Makes the Churchill look like a rip-off (except for frontal armor, but it's very easy to flank shot a Churchill).

AND:
    So from Friday through Sunday, 4pm (EST) through 1am, look out for an enemy player COURIER_WG WG=wargaming net.
    Screenshot him being killed and get 250 gold.

7. GoodGame

*bump*

I bought an IS (1) today. Ridiculously expensive to operate. As I check out the operating costs of a KV-3, I realize that is pretty expensive to operate also.

I'm pretty much down to running at tier 5 for my money making.

8. MobBoss

The IS is an excellent tank for its tier (once upgraded). Not sure if its best of its tier as I tend to think fully upgraded T29 a bit better, but the IS is still a great tank for tier 7.

You should be able to use it to a profit by playing it carefully. Your biggest problem as a tier 7 heavy is usually going to be enemy arty (or getting unlucky and being in a lot of higher tier fights).

Mix your ammo up between AP and HE 50/50. If your in the bottom half of the list, just load HE, hang back a bit and crit as many tanks as you can. Otherwise, load AP and lead in but not solo. I had a 63% win percentage in my IS, so I know in good hands it can perform very well.

9. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

I don't know about others, but my games with IS always go better when I use the 100mm gun. Some players have said that I'm gimping myself because the 122mm is better, but I still like the 100mm more.

IS is really versatile.

10. GoodGame

Thanks for the tips. From what I read, it plays more as a medium tank of doom with excellent armor, but still vulnerable to the other heavies of its tier. IDK, I'm just beelining IS-4 for the Russian tree patch.

I'm just a bit irritated that I make substantially more money with my Shermans, churchills, KV-2 on/off premium than I can in KV-3/IS with the same # of kills per match. I'd expect the credits for victory to go up in proportion to the operating costs.

I did find a nice IS faq over at the WoT forums: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/45206-is-12/

11. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

I make decent money in my KV-3. Are you using the 122? The shells cost a fair bit for it, I'm sticking with the faster 107

12. GoodGame

Yeah that was what I was doing. I'm thinking about going 107 too.

13. MobBoss

I preferred the 107mm in the KV, but the bigger 122mm in the KV-3. Reasoning: The KV gets more lower tier matches where the faster firing 107mm still does a ton of damage and gets you a lot of kills, while the KV-3 ends up in higher tier battles and that 122mm can damage up to tier 8 if you hit them in the side/rear.

Its more about the macro part of the game at that point. Tier 5 tends to be top tank whereas tier 6 ends up more often in higher tier battles.

14. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

The 107 only has 8 less pen than the 122 and fires at approximately 175% its RoF for only 90 less damage, or 77% of the 122's damage if you wish.

15. GoodGame

I feel good about my KV-3 grind to IS using 122mm with a premium account, but I think the 100mm is best overall now that I use the KV-3 is just for credit grinding.

16. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I have a friend who is at PAX right now and yesterday he came across the World of Tanks booth and it has a fully operational Panzer III for people to check out. My friend isn't interested in the game as it is an MMO but he loves military history, so I get the feeling he probably asked a tonne of questions about how they got the tank and if he can drive it for real :p

17. MobBoss

I saw a story where they also had an operational Hetzer at one of those as well.

18. GoodGame

yeah the photos should still be online. It was the West coast con they were at. I wouldn't mind driving one.

An M4 next to T-34

19. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

I SO want something like that in my garden.

20. GoodGame

New patch should be here in a few weeks. Just adds a new premium medium tank (Chinese T-59, a version of the T-54) and the tier 5 lights. A friend in the test server says the tier 5 lights currently unbalance the game versus heavies. IDk.

I researched IS-3 the other day, but decided to go up the US heavy tree to snag the tank that will be converted to a premium tank. It's worth researching the IS-4 before the Russian patch to get a tier bump, but I'd rather have a free high tier premium. Currently have the M6.