World of Tanks Beta

New patch should be here in a few weeks. Just adds a new premium medium tank (Chinese T-59, a version of the T-54) and the tier 5 lights. A friend in the test server says the tier 5 lights currently unbalance the game versus heavies. IDk.

I researched IS-3 the other day, but decided to go up the US heavy tree to snag the tank that will be converted to a premium tank. It's worth researching the IS-4 before the Russian patch to get a tier bump, but I'd rather have a free high tier premium. Currently have the M6.

Good luck with that. The T-29 is a wonder tank at tier 7, the T-32 and T-34 less and less so. The reason? You use the same damn main gun seemingly forever for all 3 tanks, and it takes a suspension upgrade/turret upgrade and then 60k exp for the T-34 to finally upgrade that 105mm to a 120mm. And let me tell you, its no fun at all being an undergunned tier 9 heavy. Nope, not at all.

I just bought a month of premium, so we'll see if that does the trick before the patch.

Thanks. I just got the T29 last night. It sure is like a tugboat compared to the IS. Bounces shots pretty well ( I guess up to tier 6 guns).

I guess my upgrade path is treads, mount the improved modules (vents, etc..), then the 105, then the T32.

Me and a mate were platooning with our T34s for daily doubles and after an hour of straight losses we'd figured that our under gunned tanks were dragging down our team and were more or less the cause of unbalanced matchmaking.

In the end I had to play my IS4 with hes T34 and what would you know. I dominated, took 11 hits without losing a single HP, three kills and fired out 18 shots. 2.6k exp doubled.

Then I played my T34 still with the 105mm my friend played hes Patton. Thankfully the rest of the team made up for my crap house T34. Everytime I play that tank I feel like I have to apologise for using it and causing our team to have a handicap. Still a 58k away from the 120mm gun.

Overall its still a fun game to play a few matches with but its has grown rather dull.

I concur with that FF 100%. These days I tend to use it more as a medium hunter as opposed to a true Tier 9 heavy. It just cant go head to head with the other tier 9s, damage wise. I figure if I can instead pop 3 or 4 mediums to swing numbers in my teams favor, then i've done my job. But even then, I have big problems with the tier 8/9 meds that are extremely tough.

The thing that really upsets me, is that at tier 9, the 105mm we have does less penetration than the German tier 7 88mm on the tigers and stuff. Pathetic.

Every night I look at the 60k exp it takes to upgrade the 105mm to the 120mm and just shake my head.

Play play play because its "Operation Avalanche" this weekend! 5x xp for the first battles.

I've been following the forum advice for the T29: strictly play hull down, front facing enemy, avoid being an arty target. All because of the paper side and rear armor.

A new premium Russian Medium Type 97 which is a Chinese copy of the Russian T54.
I think the massive money they made from the Lowe is going to be encourage ore of these premium tanks. As long as its about the same power level of a tier 8 med I wont be complaining.

Other news was wargamer.net announced that "free exp" earned from WOT will be spendable in world of planes and world of warships. I think this is hilarious that people will be in there little baby biplanes while others having dropped money will be able to start straight away on say a Me262. Gonna save up 30k free exp for this so I can jump straight into a decent plane.

Not really a big fan of warships though, but I'll give it a spin since its free to play.

I'm not impressed with the announcement that there won't be submarines in WoB.

A new premium Russian Medium Type 97 which is a Chinese copy of the Russian T54.
I think the massive money they made from the Lowe is going to be encourage ore of these premium tanks. As long as its about the same power level of a tier 8 med I wont be complaining.

Other news was wargamer.net announced that "free exp" earned from WOT will be spendable in world of planes and world of warships. I think this is hilarious that people will be in there little baby biplanes while others having dropped money will be able to start straight away on say a Me262. Gonna save up 30k free exp for this so I can jump straight into a decent plane.

Not really a big fan of warships though, but I'll give it a spin since its free to play.

Well, FF, you never know, sometimes those smaller fights can be way more fun. One of my kids went to PAX in Seattle and brought me home a promo code for WoT that got me 300 gold and a Locust (tier 3 US scout). I've racked up a 65% win percentage in the thing and am having a lot of fun driving it. Being top tank in a tier 1 thru 3 fight is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

So in that line of thought, dont just discount those lower level dogfights. They just might be some of the most fun matches around.

Being top tank in a tier 1 thru 3 fight is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

I can imagine.
(I really need a free slot to repurchase my KV)

Pretty surprised that there are still new players to WOT given the server population numbers have been more or less the same around 11-14k.

I can imagine.
(I really need a free slot to repurchase my KV)

Pretty surprised that there are still new players to WOT given the server population numbers have been more or less the same around 11-14k.

They hand out free CDs with incentive codes at every convention you can imagine. Me, I generally just play to get my daily doubles and call it good. Even at that I have now almost reached the top 2500 in rank.

Next patch is tomorrow. The Overlord's word is the heavy tanks patches won't come until next year. They're pushing for the French instead.

Hurray, new tanks! Boo, I have to hang on to my KV-3!

Hurray, new tanks! Boo, I have to hang on to my KV-3!

You could always sell it and just buy it back prior to the patch. I got rid of mine and am now keeping my IS3 and IS4 instead. While I may not get an additional garage slot, those are the two that split the two new russian heavy tank lines. And if I get my IS7, i'll sell my IS3, and just wait for the IS4 to be turned into a tier 10.

I'm kind of in the same boat, to sell or not to sell the KV-3. I however rarely pay attention to when patches come out(and havn't played since the german patch) so I would probably miss out on the garage slot if I sold my tanks.

Patch notes out:

French tanks are in the works before US and Russian Heavies. Probably have to sell of my Panther to free up a slot. We have till next year before the T30 gets changed over.
The changes look pretty good thou but really badly to inject more maps and content to hold players interest.

Top Bottom