World of Tanks Beta

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by MobBoss, Aug 13, 2010.

1. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

And I still kicked ass....:D

2. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

My friend "Shad0" coined the term "double penetration" I though it was shooting someone and bullet going through and hitting two targets. Instead it was him being raped from the front and the back. I couldnt stop laughing.

3. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Just had an awesome game with my T82. 9 kills, reaper tally of 9... would have been 10 but the very last tank I shot only dropped to 1% :mad:

Got 2086 or so xp (doubled) on that one.

4. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Nice. I'm a T82 fan too. Maybe we'll team up when tier 4 company battles arrive?

5. cardgame

Sounds good to me.

Rumor has it that 7.0 will be out around Dec 10-12 from what I've heard.

6. GoodGame

7. FriendlyFire

world of GOLD AMO raping me in the face !!!

8. GoodGame

How many civfans still playing? I just got back into the game this week after a PC build. Picked up a T-59 just in time too, but I know there'll be tons of them unless Wargaming suddenly doubles the number of players overnight.

9. cardgame

Yep, just got into it again a few days ago after the winter break.

Picked myself up an AMX 12t, the tier 5 French light. Abso-bally-lutely awful grind to get there, but once you upgrade your gun to the 100mm pen, this little beau kicks ass. The perfect tank for killing slow or distracted enemies. I snuck up behind a P2 and nestled right next to his rear, I don't know if he would have even been able to depress his gun enough to get me... filled his backside with 12 rounds (2 drums) and got the kill as a KV bore the brunt of his assault and also got two or three shots in on him. Not sure how much HP I took off 'im, but I snatched away about 60-70% of an IS tank on Siegfried Line today too.

It also doubles as a perfect scout killer - t-50s have something to fear now. I killed two in one salvo (3 shots each) on Westerfield as they charged right towards me. Shermans are probably the hardest to kill, since they're decently agile and with a fast gun traverse. TDs and KVs are ripe for the picking.

10. FriendlyFire

Waste of Gold since IS6 premium tank is comming out soon.

11. cardgame

No guarantee on how good it will be though, and the T59 is tried and true.

12. FriendlyFire

I one shot you with the 107mm.
    (Often Iam the only tank able to hit a fast moving target, poor noobs using auto aim)

The main issue for me is that I dont understand how much HP which tanks have. I shot a French light tank twice with my IS4 and it was still running around on 3%.

Going down the French Heavy line now. Hopefully it will be worth it unlike the T30 (God I hate that tank and its useless gun)

13. Arexander

Arexander Trucker

Still playing and trolling derp-KVs with AMX 40. One of them dinged me four or five times in a row too. :p

14. GoodGame

Yeah but I've been hearing that about the T34 premium coming soon for quite a while now, so I don't believe in waiting. I know the T-59 removal might have just been marketing before they release some new over-powered premium, but I figured I like it and I like playing mediums.

15. cardgame

Impossibru. 460 hp vs. 300 damage

Even if you rolled the max damage RNG you couldn't oneshot me - also, I generally wait for the KV to fire before rolling in and unloading on it.

AMX 40 is pretty easy to oneshot though, given that the upgrade has 300 hp.

16. FriendlyFire

The T34 should be a gold mine as a tier 8 premium tank.
    I will play it like a medium tank instead of being super conservative tank driver fearful of a big credit lose. It just get driven for its 3x exp now otherwise Meh

Just had a game in my stock B1 in a shoot out with a AMX40 (rubber ducky). Lord it was standing still a point blank range trading HE rounds to the commanders cupola. I tempted to blow a ton of free XP to skip it but I have a feeling Iam going to need that Free EXP for the higher tier to skip the horrid "stock tank" syndorme

Need to play my KV more against these French tanks.
    Pretty sure it was a one shot.

17. cardgame

IDK how the French stock heavies are, but the AMX 12 wasn't absolutely awful stock. Not great but it wasn't on par with, say, stock KV.

18. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

I'm taking a break right now as my premium ran out. I managed to grind myself a T-44, but it's still missing the best engine and best gun. Stock it was absolutely awful, slow, weak with no firepower at all. In one game I coudn't finish off a 8% E-100 with the 85mm gun. Still need to work on my playing style with it, (43% wins atm.) but as I get it kitted out, best modules and get my act together I'm sure it will get better. The upper glacis is really hard for ppl to penetrate, and I admit I have abused it sometimes in cities showing it to the enemy from behind a corner with a terrible angle, some of them are actually stupid enough to take the shot, bounce and then it's my turn. :p

I also had a go with the french light tree up to 12t. 38 was a joke, 40 was either great or subpar depending on the tier of the match.

12t has it's moments, but the matchmaker is really hard on it and the 5 degree gun elevation is a joke. Makes aiming in rough terrain tricky.

19. cardgame

The 13 has vastly superior angles and for the most part you won't notice it on that tank, from what I hear.

20. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Coulda been an ammo rack. That would still be a one shot.