World of Warcraft: Thread

WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH AT LEVELING?? ive had the game for awhile and my level is still in the 20s but i see people making level 60 in a couple weeks

WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH AT LEVELING?? ive had the game for awhile and my level is still in the 20s but i see people making level 60 in a couple weeks

Those people have no lives whatsoever.

Many people in the world play WoW, unfortunately, I don't. I'll get it once my computer can handle it. In the mean time, you can discuss anything 'WoW' here. Happy WoWing! (I hope you get off WoW long enough to post on CFC or read this :p)
WoW is already 2 years old I think, and it's showing its age. My PC isn't exactly the last word in technical specs either. :p

What are you waiting for? Get a new PC and play. Even a crappy one will do, these days. :p

Maybe you can start by telling us how are you playing the game? Then we can make comments etc.

And how often do you play the game? I've been playing a couple of hours everyday for the last 3.5 months. :scared:

There's a guy in my Kel'Thuzad guild who has been playing since beta and is still around level 40-something... ;)

@Nobodys post in the other thread: I'm a feral druid offtanking stuff in raids for my guild, and dpsing when they don't need a tank. :)

And if you want to level fast, spends lots of time playing, and don't go instances too much, they slow your xp rate down. Just do quests, grind for xp, and nothing else.

i mainly play by myself except in dungeons. I played about 2-4 hours a day and did a lot of questing. :( my subscription was cancelled i was just wondering wth i was doing wrong

That sounds pretty much like how I have been playing for the last 3.5 months... Because of my location, on weekdays I almost always solo it - only go on instances with guildies on some weekends. Still managed to get to lvl 54...

Can't really say where you're doing wrong...

My computer has DSL, and NO Pixel or Vertex Shaders...

Also, I have only 256 RAM, and 4 GB free space...
You would indeed need a new PC. :p

WoW has been out since 2004 - you don't really need the most up-to-date computer to play it... ;)

You would indeed need a new PC. :p

WoW has been out since 2004 - you don't really need the most up-to-date computer to play it... ;)

Even the Dell I have at my dad's which has PCI (NOT express) components has pizel shaders.

i mainly play by myself except in dungeons. I played about 2-4 hours a day and did a lot of questing. :( my subscription was cancelled i was just wondering wth i was doing wrong

for the subscription i have no idea

most MMOs take a lot of grinding to get anywhere. when i played the trail of WOW it took me a day to lvl (so 5-6 hours). quest that dont include grinding are very time consumeing and useless only grinind quest are really worth doing they give alot of Exp and better rewards. also try doing the 'WANTED' quest with some people those also give Better rewards and a little bit of EXP

What you need to do if you want to level is to do all the quests your level in the starting areas. What I like to do when leveling a character is to level from 1-5 in your race's starting area by doing every single quest, then go to another starting area nearby and do all the quests in that area. Then I will do all the quests in the 1-10 areas until the only quests in there are grey which is around level 12-14. Then I'll just continue to level up using that system until around level 30 in which the easy leveling will stop. Then just stick to the zones that are designed for your level. For example, if you are level 41, quest in Tanaris, Stranglethorn Vale, Feralas or Badlands.

In the quest log, quests that are grey will give you no leveling experience, green quests will give you only a fraction of the leveling experience a yellow quest would, yellow quests will give you their full leveling experience and are most always quests you can easily handle, orange quests are those that will be a little tougher for your level and red quests are going to be near impossible for you to do yourself. Note that group quests for the most part are very difficult to solo unless you have a pet that can main tank for you.

no there is nothing wrong with my subscription it was just canceled due to bad grades. i thought WoW was fun but i even mega quested for hours on end and still would only get like 1 level IF I WAS LUCKY i even did quests that were red by myself and still didnt get leveling fast. when i start a nw charecter i level up to about 7 and then it slows to a snails pace.

Define your 'fast'.

After about level 5, levelling is definitely slower (once per 1-2 hours). After level 30, I only levelled once every 2-3 days (because I need to work for a living :p).

This is a long-term game...

I don't know how you're playing but that's impossible... Very strange.

Are you killing monsters in the correct areas? I.e. green and yellow-coded monsters (red might be too hard).

(You don't get any xp from grey-coded monsters.)

Top Bottom