1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Peace Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sultan Bhargash, Feb 15, 2003.

1. G-Man

G-Man A One Man's War

The American people chose this form of democracy, and Bush was elected within the rules of this system. When people are given the right of voting they're given a responsibility.

(Napoleon - consider this my reply to you two, as I don't see much use in repeating myself twice)

Edit: Didn't see your post Sultan. I guess we should stop.

2. andrewgprv

andrewgprv Second Class Citizen

Ok I see a problem here, The most convincing argument I've heard for pro-war so far is the idea of kicking out an evil dictator and installing democracy. Of course not having a post war plan is reason not to go to war! What we kick out Sadam so another dictator can take his place? oh wait I guess that might be ok as long as that dictator is pro USA :rolleyes:

3. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Judging by NyHoya's post, they appear one and the same.

4. Sultan Bhargash

Sultan Bhargash Trickster Reincarnated

And that is the problem, they aren't one and the same. Maybe some protesters in Lebanon or Palestine are actually Pro Saddam but regardless of what "****ing communist" hater Hoya says, there are NO Americans protesting for peace that think Saddam belongs where he is. I would agree that, being citizens of Bush's country and not Saddams, I feel more threatened by Bush than Saddam, but then, Saddam has been contained 12 years- it took Bush to turn the whole world against us.

5. NY Hoya

NY Hoya Emperor

no, he caught a boat and risked his life to escape Castro's nightmare.

The entire crowd smelled. I would guess that the aging hippies have learned the benefits of cleanliness, so I blame the fringe college students. Yes, the large part of the crowd was white, college aged kids. The fringe of the college kids. You know, the white girls with dreadlocks, the white guys spouting hatred toward Bush. All trying to make themselves feel better by protesting against evil capitalism as if it will ever make a difference. Why not go out and volunteer? Go tutor a poor inner city kid and actually make a difference in someone's life. No, they prefer to travel around the country to protest.

And yes, when one sees a group of black panther wannabes, one can tell the difference between those people and mainstream blacks. They hold signs talking about "racist Bush", "No racist war", etc.

I guess it hurts to know that you are part of a marginal, fringe group. You and your ilk hate what America is, what America will always be. I despise almost everything you have to say. You are lucky so many are willing to defend your right to say those things with their lives.

6. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Thanks, but I believe first hand accounts of protests, not what protesters theoretically could be protesting against.

7. NY Hoya

NY Hoya Emperor

Think for once. We will depose Saddam. We will provide a somewhat safe environment for the Iraqi people to determine a government for themselves with our help. We cannot force anything upon them and expect it to be successful.

8. Sultan Bhargash

Smelled them all did you?

Oh yeah, the fringe. Everyone who doesn't agree with your standards of political and physical hygiene. Sieg heil.

Oh they are on tour. So you know none of them tutor inner city kids?

So its Colin and Condy vs. the rest of them? You are coming across pretty racist yourself, bro.

Well now I know what the pro war crowd is all about. Nice invective, pure hatred spew, from the guy whose last passionate argument was about why we must drill Anwar immediately. I am indeed priveleged that I live in the United States, it is a right I treasure more than your Cuban pal and more than you ever could. I don't see too many risking their lives to overturn the Patriot act, but I understand your gist. You despise me, you think I hate America, while you spew racism and intolerance and utter ignorance. You are the one who is lucky that anybody still tolerates narrow minds like yours.

9. Sultan Bhargash

Then did you read Mr. Spice's account? Or you just like Hoya's take?

EDIT: Hoya who apparently HATES his own American people but knows what's good for Iraq, sort of like Bush.

10. Immortal

Immortal Deity

I didn't see a majority protesting the war, in fact I didn't see a sizable minority protesting, canada or US. Sounds pretty fringe to me. Also the fact they are shouting "Down with capitalism" and "Die US, DIE!"

|SOmeone needs to explain this quote.

why is it everytime an arguement differs from someone else the ol "narrow mind" is broken out? You may claim Hoya comes off sounding racist (Which I don't see by the way, but that is inconsequential). You sound elitist, holier then thou, and above all petty.

11. Immortal

Immortal Deity

And Im talking about protesters IN AMERICA which apparently I have to make extremely obvious.

you said it yourself "there are NO Americans protesting for peace that think Saddam belongs where he is." Obviously there are, as NYHOYA was there.

12. Sultan Bhargash

Nobody is shouting that in the US protests. Die US Die? Sounds like a recipe for a treason jailing. RIDICULOUS.

I'll explain it- according to Hoya, white people who hate George Bush and black people who accuse him of racism are all some kind of paramilitary revolution. I guess just behaving and doing whatever Bush says is the only American behavior in this wonderful democracy.

Elitist because I defend the unwashed dreadlock'd masses? I say narrow mind because that is what I see, a person who is spouting hatred against Americans and hatred of their exercise of free speech, whatever little disclaimers he puts in. Elitist is supporting a president who's only helping hand goes out to the very rich and some distant Mullahs. Elitist is thinking that a nation that still hasn't solved its own race, education, and health care problems can decide the governments and fates of nations on the other side of the planet. Elitist is what racist whites call the whites who point out that they are racist.

13. Sultan Bhargash

His words were "they had more negative things to say about Bush than Saddam". He didn't say they held pictures of Saddam or up with saddam buttons or "Give Saddam a chance" posters. Read his thread, notice the spin, and get back to me.

14. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Thats ethnocentric or nationalistic, not elitist.

15. Sultan Bhargash

Turn on CNN right NOW if you want to see the "dirty" "communist" "hippy" "anti American" new yorkers protesting for peace.

16. NY Hoya

NY Hoya Emperor

no, the crowd smelled, the entirety not necessarily every individual.

and now you have called me a Nazi. thanks. Yes, the fringe, fringe being anything far outside the mainstream. Yes these people, and you, are fringe. Believe it, or you can keep living in Sultan land with the flying pink unicorns. I don't really care.

didn't say that. They could be doing much more useful things with their time than protesting a war that will happen regardless of their uneducated and unthoughtful views.

If you think that's racist you are a fool. Let me explain what racism is since you appear not to understand what the word means. Racism is the hatred of a group of people based upon their race. Did I just display racism? Don't think so. And you fashion yourself as some sort of professor/teacher? I fear for America's youth.

:lol: I really don't think you understand what it means to be an American. I don't think you value the rights you have, nor the lives that have been sacrificed to preserve those rights. Racism and intolerance? Where? You are the one who supports racism against Whites through affirmative action. Ignorance? I will put my life experiences and knowledge of the issues I argue against yours any day. My views are much more mainstream than yours will ever be. Be happy you have a place like CFC where your views are seen as something other than the leftist extremism you represent. I have the rest of America. Good day sir.

17. Immortal

Immortal Deity

It doesn't take a brain surgeon, or a professor of Anthropology to figure it out. America wants to attack Iraq, the protestors do not want America to attack Iraq. Saddam is a dictator in Iraq, any attack on Iraq is an attack on Saddam. Therefore, if America attacks Iraq, it would attack saddam, which the protestors do not want. By not wanting to attack iraq they do not want to attack Saddam. Which is the same as saying "give Saddam a chance".

That and asking for more time and weapons inspectors that is.

18. Sultan Bhargash

Hundreds of thousands in the fringe. All of the world on the fringe. And the flying pink unicorns are indeed delicious. Glad we've gotten past argument to straight up mocking.

Yes, you are the most educated and thoughtful. And Bush has demonstrated how well thinking he is.

You pretend to understand black people and call them "wannabe black panthers" because- because- they protest for PEACE.

If you don't think I value the rights, you are out of your mind. I know for a fact I would have been jailed and tortured in many other countries for what I've said in criticism of this and past regimes. Don't push me on what I will do to protect the freedoms enshrined in the consitution. And the lives sacrificed, including those of some of my ancestors, are the very reason I call for the defense of the values of the founding fathers over the perversions our past four presidents have turned our government towards.

Yep, you're not racist, you are defending the whites from the hideous upstarts. As for life experience, bring it. You took a taxi driven by a Cuban. I almost lost my brother in 9-11 and I was in Dar Es Salaam when our embassy was bombed there. I know for a fact that people form different points of view through different life experiences, while you do not admit to the validity of such diversity.

Enjoy the rest of America while it lasts. The president you support is having his face with a Hitler mustache on it passed around on posters from Australia to St. Louis. He's made a mockery of our diplomatic alliances and a shambles of our internal prosperity and security. You go crouch in your corner of Wal Mart and long for the glory of smart bombs, this is the day of your discredit.

19. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Well, thats all for me, as much as I love a direct flame war, Id rather not be sucked into this....

20. Sultan Bhargash

Sorry I turned it towards a flame war. I actually PM'd Lefty asking to be banned, I'm ashamed of myself. I don't see a way I can keep from responding to the unamerican hatred I see in a post like Hoya's first post. And the rest was just back and forth baiting.

Some peace day. Well, tune to CNN or Faux and you will get the juxtaposition of peace protesters with "Iraqi dissidents" describing their torture by Saddam. So much for fair and accurate reportage. So much for really changing the world. Now back to your regularly schedule interventionist depletion of our arsenals.