World War 1 Italian Front....

steffenopolis

Chieftain
Im thinking its about time to get this scenario under way. I have the time and the effort just no knowledge of creating a scenario for civ 3.

We have a couple of World War 1, it would be great to see a scenario dedicated to one of the least heard of campaigns.

That's a great idea. Good luck with it.

Ask a mod to move this to the main C&C forum. This forum is for completed scenarios.

Basically where do you start? Do you create a map first? How do I plug in units, I've downloaded some to be included.

It might be good, at first, to just mess around with the editor, trying a few things to see how they work to get a feel for the various aspects of the editor's capabilities.

Such as map editing, renaming civs, etc...

Then when you feel ready, you can start to create your main scenario.
I'm not sure how much you've used the editor previously. But some it you learn just by playing around.

There are modding tutorials on this site as well.

steffenopolis, if you haven't already been to the Tutorials Section then you should start there. Colonel Kraken's Thorough Guide to Adding Units and Ukas' Guide to adding improvements are a good place to start. Browse through and find more that relate to what you are doing.

People here will be glad to help but they are not going to write a step-by-step tutorial. Mainly because that's already been done in the Tutorial Section. Make your questions specific when you hit a wall and you will get a good response. Good luck.

Thanks Superman and Anthony. Pointing me to the tutorials was great help. I have the time just didn't know in which direction to go. The tutorials really have some great lay out. Looks like this may be a project in the making. Going to start off small...

Map came out fine. Added the units and cities. Having trouble. I was changing the unit icons in the editor. The icons look fine in the city build menu but show the old icons on the map. Otherwise my first edition of the game should be uploaded soon for some reviews and questions.

Top Bottom