World War 3 2015

:)civ2 said:
Russia's Communist cuz hopefully (in my mind) Russia will fall back into Communism
yikes... I doubt they'd give up elections, free enterprise, and free speech for another dictator of the proletariat and gulags :rolleyes:. Perhaps instead of having civs falling back to the old original "evil empire" of communism (which doesn't work as history has shown) a new government style (of the unsavory kind) would be creative.

Barracks create moern resistors because i wanted the improvement to!!! and Secret Police create Insurgents becuz it's sposed to represent "rouge" agents still under use of the country!

I suppose what I mean, more bluntly since you did not understand, is this..
There is no reason to build these "improvements" as they do not improve anything, yet the AI will still build them as improvements. This therefore creates a "cheat" to make a weak AI in general, even weaker. Perhaps if you are not good enough to win the game outright against a capable AI, you should just play on a lower difficulty rating, instead of making up rules to totally handicap the AI :) I like the idea behing your scenario, so I mean no harm, just I prefer an actual challenge. Thanks :)

navman74 said:
I suppose what I mean, more bluntly since you did not understand, is this..
There is no reason to build these "improvements" as they do not improve anything, yet the AI will still build them as improvements. This therefore creates a "cheat" to make a weak AI in general, even weaker. Perhaps if you are not good enough to win the game outright against a capable AI, you should just play on a lower difficulty rating, instead of making up rules to totally handicap the AI :) I like the idea behing your scenario, so I mean no harm, just I prefer an actual challenge. Thanks :)

Well, this won't be a great first impression, but...

Unless I am seriously mistaken, the insurgents and modern resistors are units created which fight for the civ which builds them. According to his first post unit stats, modern resistors are immobile defensive infantry (thus making an established city with a barrack quite a tough nut to crack), and insurgents are light fast attackers.

Thus the intent is to make the buildings stronger, by making them a source of free units.

Sir Hawkeye said:
Well, this won't be a great first impression, but...

Unless I am seriously mistaken, the insurgents and modern resistors are units created which fight for the civ which builds them. According to his first post unit stats, modern resistors are immobile defensive infantry (thus making an established city with a barrack quite a tough nut to crack), and insurgents are light fast attackers.

Thus the intent is to make the buildings stronger, by making them a source of free units.

If that is the case, then I apologise.It is a better answer to my original question,than"because I wanted them to!" Which was the answer I actually received:)
Ron

lol,Raven what do you think is happening in Russia as we speak, they seem to be moving twards communism with these new terrorist threats in Russia! The leadership seems to want a more controlling police type state.And if they did go communist they would be an unstoppable war machine that the US or China could stop! Even with China's huge man power the use of tacticle nukes and or new developed tactics by Russia could destory China. And the US is a joke compared to Russia's armed forces right now, lol they have enough tanks to kill america's "technologically advanced" superiority with closer routes and such, woo a good ramble, hey the unit files are comming soon! and I've got specific pedia icons YEY!

lol,Raven what do you think is happening in Russia as we speak, they seem to be moving twards communism with these new terrorist threats in Russia! The leadership seems to want a more controlling police type state.And if they did go communist they would be an unstoppable war machine that the US or China could stop! Even with China's huge man power the use of tacticle nukes and or new developed tactics by Russia could destory China. And the US is a joke compared to Russia's armed forces right now, lol they have enough tanks to kill america's "technologically advanced" superiority with closer routes and such, woo a good ramble, hey the unit files are comming soon! and I've got specific pedia icons YEY!
Russia may turn to a more right or ultra-right govt, not even close to going left again. BTW their current armed forces are in shambles, unpaid in many cases,untrained in more, super low morale after a long losing war in Chechnya,and desertions in many units. They are trying at this time to use US style training, which will help,but not soon.
Ron

Be sure, Russia wont turn into Communism again. There's even no real communistic party - KPRF (Communistic Party of Russian Federation) - its just a mob of clowns in alliance with oligarchs (in any case, it looked so on last elections...) Their electors are dying. (usually only old peeps voting for them....) I think, there will be a mix of republic/democracy with strong central power. And It wont turn into ultra-right nationalism - because it will be death for Russia.... (it has more then 150 nationalities)
About Russian Army - yep, It has a lot of problems at the moment, but every year Russia increases its outlay on Ministry of Defense. 5 years ago Russia was near to declare mobilization for the war in Chechnya, and thats with 1.350.000 army :eek: . Now the situation greatly changed. Russian army regularly makes manoeuvres, and there's new re-arming programm until the year 2015.... ;) New weaps are developed and developing... even :nuke: . (hmm, need to post a message in Russian UU topic -about Russian mobile ICBMs... sry for offtopic)
Russia restoring its power in CIS. The new economical alliance soon will be created (Russia, Ukraine, Byelorussia, Kazakhstan). In year 2006 Russian ruble will became the main money in Byelorussia (and it is going to create the union state - but ther is only 1 problem - Lukashenko and his regime... But in military cooperation all is going much better.). Russia creating new military alliance - between Russia, Byelorussia, Kazakhstan and else some republics im Middle asia (like Tadzhikistan, Uzbekistan etc... ) About Ukraine - it depends on who will win in the coming elections - Yushenko (pro-western nationalist) or Yanukovich (pro-eastern, but not communist). In any case, Kuchma said that joining NATO and EU is not anymore the strategic task in Ukraine :goodjob:

About Russia vs. China - their huge man potential doesnt matter anything in war with Russia - its rocket launchers can easily stop Soviet - WW2 style invasion. But I dont think they'll fight with Russia - 1) they're not suiciders :nuke: 2) Russia sells its weaps to China. And chinese scientists are not very good - they cant create something really new, but they are masters of copying (Their space rocket is copy of Proton - it even hard to distinguish one from the other...) ...

Did I say about everything?

P.S. Sry for my english, dont think its very good...

Russia is just reverting to a good old fashion military dictatorship, thats what they get for electing somebody from the KGB president. On another point, I think the Idea of the US fighting China is kind of unlikely: The US economy is more and more dependant on China for manufacturing and other things.

But its just a game so, its all good...

Hi,

maybe im too stupid and just don't see it, but what about the unit files? Do they come?

About Australia: What made you select the traits you did?
Specifically Religious. I don't think it fits and I certainly don't understand how Australia would get this trait instead of America.
I do understand that the traits are very broad and they can't really capture the spirit of a nation or culture, but Religious would have been the last one I would have expected.
FWIW, as a (biased :) ) resident of Australia I suggest Agricultural as a replacement. Scientific could be used to replace Seafaring, and I also recommend this,but Seafaring is a much better fit than Religious.

Also, in a few weeks Howard may no longer be Prime Minister as elections are looming.

Wouldn't the Chairman of China in 2015 be Hu Jintao? And Please make sweden, denmark and Finland part of the EU... or atleast change president Johnson to prime minister Ohly. thanx in advance... Jonte

Umm, I tried playing the nouniqueunits.biq scenerio (didn't download any of the other stuff) and came up with this error message

Umm can somebody explain to me whats going on?

Why does everyone who makes a WW3 scenario always go back to a Cold War like time. Someone should make a WW which dosent represnt the Cold War days. Other wise good scenario.

Top Bottom