World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by asioasioasio, Feb 16, 2007.

1. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

hooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!
    thanks for the hard work!!

2. Data662

Data662 Chieftain

Downloading now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

3. unfairlane

unfairlane Warlord

Downloaded, won`t open (in 7z) ???

4. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

I downloaded the "exe" -file, but I got some wierd 80[1] -file. And I can't do anything to it. :confused:

EDIT: I downloaded the zip file. And so far this looks awesome. But few nitpicks:
    - The fonts don't show the corporation and the religion/ideology icons correctly. When you hover over for example Bauhaus HQ, it shows it gives +4 :gold: per city with taoism.
    - The traits page is blank. No traits are shown.

Haven't had time ot test it yet, but if it's anything like the previous, I will like it. :goodjob:

5. alcapwn17

alcapwn17 Chieftain

doesn't work for me...it crashes within the first two seconds of loading up
    also the desktop shortcut doesnt work either, and the folder installed to some random place, i had to copy and paste it into my mods folder, which might have messed something up

6. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

I didn't downladed 7z version, but others unpack it - use 7zip software and make sure you have both files downloaded.

I've downloaded it and tested - exe version works without scratch. It's more weird if the previous version was installing ok on your pc - I've used the same installer.

Icons works ok for me. The traits also

Could you post screenshots how it looks?

Do you have game patched to 3.19?

It installs for me here by default:
    C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
    And it's default folder for Mods in BTS - it's where it should install.

The desktop shortcut works for me

7. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Forgot the power of screen shots. :)
    I think I also forgot to mention I was talking about the civilopedia.

Attached Files:

8. asioasioasio

I think I forgot to edit those small file - gamefonts75.tga or some like this.
    For traits i don't know why this happens.

If you want to have typewriter font copy 1939 font to Windows/Fonts - it's the problem of 7z version that you need to do this manually if you want 1939 font.

9. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

I think I might know why. I assume you're using BUG, right? But I don't see the traits listed in NewConceptInfos.xml in BasicInfos. If you take a look at how BUG does it, you should notice how to do it. But this is just guessing.

Nah, I think I'm fine with the current one.

10. alcapwn17

alcapwn17 Chieftain

yeah i have it updated to 3.19.
    it tries to load , but when it gets to the xml part, it just crashes.
    also whenever i click on the icon it says that its missing a shortcut.

11. Data662

Data662 Chieftain

I started a custom game and I can't train settlers. I checked the world editor thing and the other civs still had only 1 city after about 20 turns. When I checked the civlopedia about the settler there was no tech required.

12. Cambysesu

Cambysesu Chieftain

Long time lurker here, really looking forward to playing the newest version of this excellent mod.

I have exactly the same problem as alcapwn. The exe file eventually installs but when I try to load the mod it just crashes while the Civ IV BTS flash loading screen is up. Also I cant get the 2nd 7zip file to extract, the programe says it cant open because it is not recognised as an archive.

Anyone have any ideas?

And yes Im fully updated to 3.19.

13. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

doesnt seem to work for me and my bro playing lan using the 1941 scenario after the first turn is over if we do anything the game just does oss rejoined a couple times but just does the same. any ideas on what i should do anyone having the same problem?

14. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

well, you guys surely doin somethin wrong ... works for me ...

bad thing is, i cant load P-36 Hawks onto carriers ... intercept mission runs well ... played 5 turns now as US on the world scenario and it is ok,with the little drawback, that almost all cities in the game suffer from starvation on the first turn :(

but else, i love this :)

P.S.: its not the hawks not loading onto carriers, rebase does somehow not work :(

15. Cambysesu

Cambysesu Chieftain

Im using Vista, could that be it?

16. alcapwn17

alcapwn17 Chieftain

i just tried to download the zip files. i extracted the first one fine

but 7zip cant open the second one cause it says that it "can not open file as archive" :(

17. asioasioasio

Yeah. We'll take a look and fix it.

Where do you have installed mod? Try to install it again and make sure you've installed it to your BeyondTheSword\Mods folder

In new version building new settlers is impossible - we turned this option off.

I'll try to download 7z version today, but this version works for NotSoGood. I don't know what's the problem.

OSS happens when the players have different version (usually, might be some differencies in orginal files in civ). The other problem is patch 3.17 (I don't know if Firaxis fixed it in 3.19 because I didn't played MP game for ages) wich destroyed my enjoyment of mp games. When you play standard game in BTS do you get OSS?

I'm using XP and game works well.

18. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

strange, after reinstallation of the mod from the 7zips, i get the infamous:
    'failed to initialize primary control theme' error when the mod tries to startup the fonts part ...

i have installed the '.ttf' font to my windows installation ... just to be sure its there, but that
    didnt help, sadly :(

anyone with a bright idea about that?

regards

HahnHolio

19. asioasioasio

Did installation version work for you?

20. Cambysesu

Cambysesu Chieftain

Asioasio,

Thanks for your responses so far. Are you able to reupload the 7zip 002 file either unzipped or in a different format? It seems a few of us are having trouble with it. Ive downloaded it 3 times now and neither 7zip or winzip can recongnize it or open it.

The installer puts the file in the wrong folder wherever I select with the browse option. When I move the folder to the right place and try to load the mod it fails due to problems with the xml. Other people seem to have had more luck with the zipped stuff. If I can open the 2nd part I would like to try that.

Thank you again.