World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by asioasioasio, Feb 16, 2007.

1. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

For Warlords version there was world scenario that started in 1933 (by Jungle III). One of my next things to do is import of that scenarios. The tech tree allows to make scenario wich starts before 1933 - There's for example Hindenburg available.

Right now there are only that two:
    Europe 1939 made by me and kodzi
    and 1941 made by JediPimp

2. Blue Senshi

Blue Senshi Warlord

I didn't realize there were two zipped files that had to be unzipped simultaneously. It's an unusual arrangement. But I did as you said and the mod was unzipped successfully. Thanks.:)

3. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

hm ... just found out, that the Intercept Aircraft ability did not work in my recent scenario!
    Like always, the AI builds lots of AA guns, but i could kill the AI by using mostly Planes all the way and i never saw a single intercept ... maybe bugged?

And, one other thing: would it be possible to make aircraft able to kill Seaunits (except the bomb port special mission)?

cheers

HahnHolio

4. Blue Senshi

Blue Senshi Warlord

The same thing happens to me; a bunch of XML error messages and then a CTD.

5. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Is there going to be a world map version (preferably based on Rhye's world map)? I think it'd add a whole new level of strategy.

6. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

There is already a world scenario included, with some flaws, like workers in foreign countries, but else its playable :)

@asio: did you get the bug with groundunits not being able to intercept aircraft?

hand

HahnHolio

7. Issos

Issos Chieftain

I've got the same problem with this goddamn Vista (most probably :/ ) as @Cambysesu. Game crashes while loading. I installed it from .exe

Also, that alternative path to install didn't help ;(

8. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

did you try the 7zip version?

check this, might help you ... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9482020&postcount=1562

cheers

HahnHolio

9. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

im getting unit name event manager error not sure what it is but i sometimes get it two times per turn doesnt seem to do much but its kinda cluttering the other events..also has anyone tried this much in lan hows it been working out? havent tried since its just kept going oss on me and my bro..

10. LoneTraveller

LoneTraveller Warlord

Please take screenshots and post them here. I'll look into it. It is also possible I might have to ask you to send me your log file named PythonDbg.log.

11. lolailo7

lolailo7 Chieftain

Hello, thanks for making this mod!

It looks awesome, but i got a problem loading it :cry:

After loading the mod in main screen i have no text to choose any option, like single player, scenario,... I tryed to do it without seeing any text but after choose the europe scenario it crashes and back to main menu.

I hope someone of you knows how to fix it ;), i tryed .exe and zip versions and same problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Switch to english language before you launch mod.

I don't know why this happens, but the mod doesn't display texts in other languages.

13. lolailo7

lolailo7 Chieftain

Thank you asioasio! How easy :crazyeye:

Thanks a lot for all creators of this mod :goodjob:

14. Issos

Issos Chieftain

@HahnHolio - According to this I don't think xml-7zip issue is a problem here :( .

also, I'm away from my computer, so i can't even check it. But i think that problem is crapy system...

15. Stanislaw

Stanislaw Chieftain

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

First, great job on the new version of the mod, asioasioasio. You've got something great here and I love playing it.

Now, onto my feedback.

I noticed that in this version of the mod you can't build settlers anymore whereas in the previous version you could. While I sort of understand the reason for their removal (new cities don't just 'pop up' in a span of such a short time - same reason why it takes a lot to make a city grow as well), this puts me in a difficult position when it comes to organizing my strategy. Reason is simple enough: resources.

Whenever there's a WWII mod for Civilization, I always enjoy playing as the Canadians simply because of the challenge it offers. However, in the 1939 scenario in this mod Canada has access to a lot of empty land which can fit a few more cities, but also no access to resources outside of it's cultural borders, and there's quite a bit of them.

The biggest example for this is the inaccessibility to the coal resource on a small island just east of Halifax, and be it I build a mine or a fort on it, my civilization can't get access to coal and thus no railroads unless I wait for my culture borders on my size 1 city to the west expands to level 3 and I get access to oil. I can solve this problem if I had access to setters and build a city on that coal island, which was what I did on the previous version of this mod, but in this mod I can't do that anymore and it gives me huge problems. As the Canadians it's important for me to maximize the production capabilities in my cities as fast as possible to have even the slightest chance of outperforming my 'friends' down south, so the removal of settlers in this new version is a major setback for me.

So, my question is, is the removal of the settlers permanent? If not, do you have any plans on adding something like forts that expand culture to gain access to resources far outside one's borders (forts like in the ones in the Fall From Heaven II modmods)? At the very least, can you tell me how to modify files so I can play this mod with settlers active?

Thanks in advance.

16. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

heres a screen me and my brother get this error all the time and i guess theres not really any point in taking a screen of out of sync but we cant play past like 3 turns in multi we have basicly the same computer and all the same versions of the game. the last version of the mod worked perfectly in lan :( oh yeah and wheres that PythonDbg.log supposed to be?

17. Redirion

Redirion Chieftain

can you please add the current Versionnumber on the Firstpage? I missed the last Version somehow. I could only find out, there is a new version, by downloading the file.

18. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

I want to add a unitclass to the mod, but when I do, I get an error related to the BUG mod. Are there instructions anywhere on how to add a unitclass or a buildingclass to this mod?

Thanks.

19. LoneTraveller

LoneTraveller Warlord

To activate the logging mecanisms you need to do the following :

- Find the file "civilization4.ini" that is located in your "My documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/"
    - Open it and search for "LoggingEnabled" and set the number after it to "1". Save the file, restart a scenario and let the errors happen.
    - After a few messages of python errors quit your game.
    - Send me the file called "PythonErr.log" located in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs" folder.

20. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

this error occures imho when a plane unit is build.
    these units seem to be missing from the automated nameing of bug ...

Still, anyone trying to fix the AA capabilities of groundtroops?

P.S.: this error is just cosmetic for me ... never got a single crash as of now!