World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by asioasioasio, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Yea, the AI shouldn't be able to make peace if we can't make peace.

2. Issos

Issos Chieftain

I'm not sure if i understand... i'm an administrator on my pc, so i awlays do it that way..:confused:

I changed it, saved it, it didn't help :(

Gods damn Vista! :mad:

3. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

/signed

it makes it completely freakn hard playing as Italy and having Germany declare peace with USA,gb,ect O.o yay now the great I-ties will conquer for sure! talked about total war..every turn i saw someone making peace :/ like Spanish declare war on French an lose nothing after sitting inside a bush for 10+ turns then declare peace. if i could get this game working in lan i would just stay away from ai..heh ai..

4. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Vista and Win7 means that all users are running as a "User". You need to right-click "program or setup" icon and select "Run As Administrator", when installing Civ4 and it's related patches and some mods, with installers.

This is to ensure that you can write to "C:\Program Files", which by default is protected. Which is one of the reasons why I install in C:\Games\Civ4 to get around this restriction.

5. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

well, I tried running it as administrator ... and it worked!

6. helgish

helgish Chieftain

I have tried to DL this mod twice and each time I get to the DL window and it tells me that the file is unknown. I have tried to force the computer to open with winzip, but to no avail. Is there another mirror I can DL from?

7. myclan

myclan Prince

You can also make peace with Stalin if you play as Germany. You are just not able to make peace with the British, France and Canada

8. alcapwn17

alcapwn17 Chieftain

try to open your Bts folder. It should be in C:\Program Files\2k Games\ Firaxis Games
    then look for the Civ4BeyondtheSword Application. right click and create a shortcut on your desktop. then right click on your new shortcut and click run as administrator.

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

The wars are certainly more drawn out in this version ... I wonder if its due solely to the quality of the mod/pacing, or also due to the AI.

10. Issos

Issos Chieftain

WOAH, FINALLY! :goodjob:

Thx n sorry for being a dummie. I just wonder why is it the only mod from many others that needs to be loaded that way... :confused:

And first thing that made me lol a bit. "Polish Empire"? wat :eek:? I can be a patriot, but its way too much. "Polish Republic" or sth like that would be much more appropriate ;)

There was even a quotation from conversation between Beck and von Ribbentrop in League of N, when the first one reffered to Poland as an empire, but i don't think i'd translate it well enough ;)

And I'm glad to see that it gets resistance movement finally :cool:

11. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

what i find rather strange is, that in the worldscenario, i am unable to declare war on stalin ?!
    he is furious with me, but neitherone can declare war ...

12. myclan

myclan Prince

Did you just give him a tribute or the other way around?

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yah, it does. :goodjob:

(Nice new avatar, btw!)

14. helgish

helgish Chieftain

So I did some searching around and when I DL to my computer, it comes up listed as an 80(1) file. Not a zip file or an RAR archive. Do I need to open it directly andnot save it to the desktop? Is there some sort of program that I haven't installed yet? Could someone post up a copy of their zip file or RAR file please? I did a Bing search and all I got were file numbers or IEEE router freqs, ie, 802.11, etc. Thanks for your time.

15. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Turn 112, playing USA, I think I just got a WoC error. Germany is dead, the Italy mainland is conquered (currently at peace), and I just conquered half of Russia in 5 turns.

and WoC ... :(

16. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

nope, nothing that way ... just says in diplomacy text: cannot declare war

no clue, as to how it went this way, but i never interacted with stalin in anyway ...

17. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Where is this world scenario that everyone talks about? The only one I see is the Earth 18 civs one and the Earth one, but none of those have preplaced cities

18. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

there are 2 scenarios that come with this mod ... one is europe and one is world ...
    they should be located in the mods\wold war 1939 mod\publicmaps folder ... check that!

19. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

I checked the Public Maps folder, and I only have the Europe map. I'm going to re-download the mod, because it may be that I didn't do that and thought I did...

20. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

well i replaced the my file with the one you posted and i still got the error after about 150 turns i cant remember :p