World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Does "fighter engagement" also shoot down Bombers? I know it may shoot down missiles ...

(missiles I don't get tbh, but shooting down garrisoned bombers would make sense)

Does "fighter engagement" also shoot down Bombers? I know it may shoot down missiles ...

(missiles I don't get tbh, but shooting down garrisoned bombers would make sense)

Yes,they can shoot down bombers, even before they engage with the fighter

This should not be this hard! I can not believe I can not figure out this one! So I downloaded both of the non exe files. I figured got the first part to open and installed it, but I can not get the second part open. I tired to play the mod and I got a CTD...obviously. I used the 7zFm to open and unpack. When I try to do the same for part 2, I see a couple of windows pop open and closed and then nothing. When I try to extract it to a specific location, I get an error message, saying that it can not open as an archive. I mean I can't even access the files. Same thing happens when I try the exe file. For some reason when I tried to do it on part 1 it worked, but I could only get part 1 to extract with drag and drop. Ideas? Please, any suggestions would be appreciated.

This should not be this hard! I can not believe I can not figure out this one! So I downloaded both of the non exe files. I figured got the first part to open and installed it, but I can not get the second part open. I tired to play the mod and I got a CTD...obviously. I used the 7zFm to open and unpack. When I try to do the same for part 2, I see a couple of windows pop open and closed and then nothing. When I try to extract it to a specific location, I get an error message, saying that it can not open as an archive. I mean I can't even access the files. Same thing happens when I try the exe file. For some reason when I tried to do it on part 1 it worked, but I could only get part 1 to extract with drag and drop. Ideas? Please, any suggestions would be appreciated.

try right-clicking on part 1 and choose extract here, then simply move the newly created folder to your BtS\Mods folder and select the mod from the ingame advanced menu ...
while the files are extracted try to get a glimps at the titlebar of the extraction program, if it at some poit changes to the second archive ...
somehow a few pack programs seems to have problems unpacking split archives ...
not for me, but you can give this a try ... for another check, my 'World War II - 1939 Mod' folder has a size of 514MB ... check that too after extraction!

cheers

HahnHolio

Hey thanks for the advice. So I checked and it looks like everything is where it's suppoed to be. However, everytime I try to load it, I get a CTD error. Should I re DL and then install and try again?

hm ... well, if you still get CtDs, it seems i am the wrong person to ask then ... not into the matter of programing and such, sorry, but maybe another friendly person here might be able to help you!

This mod is very good. i am playing as Poland, I already destroyed III reich and soviet union, but when I want to declare war on east balcans/france/great britain, what is natural in my actual situation, there is written "cannot declare war". how can I solve this? thanks

Nyone seen this issue when trying to load a saved game?

Cannot load version 302, expected version 301 or lower?

up - how can I declare war?

not sure, but i think you´d have to edit thescenario for that, or edit diplomacy alltogether. i was wondering about that too, but then again, as the polish you would have declared war on other allies in that time period ^^

well, I solved this problem by declaring war through world builder. now I am going against USA, but I need improved battleships and carriers to capture it quickly. The problem is that I cant build these ships in any of my cities, even if I have large shipyard, do you know how I can solve this problem? or maybe these ships are blocked for Poland? thanks

they are blocked from poland, coz they never got any in RL ^^

Playing the 1939 scenario as germans. Is it normal that the USA, Benelux, West Balkans and Finland declare war on me immediately after my first move?

Shouldn't the USA enter the war much later?

Another question: there are no real alliances, correct?

How does the air combat work? It seems that there are some bonuses, which I do not know. The intercepting fighter gets some bonuses?

Anyway very nice Mod! - a lot of nice features here:
1.) units seem well balanced and there are nice variety of units including "real" artillery"
2.) tech levels seem well balanced and in relation to the power of the civs
3.) Interesting tech tree
4.) Cities seem ok
5.) Build times look ok
6.) You do have to think whether you should build buildings or units both is needed.
7.) Infrastructure can still be improved (your workers still have work to do) but the german infrastructure is still very good
8.) Worker improvement times look good

@ichbinsehselber: Nein das passiert nicht immer ;-)

As Thrid Reich the use Diplomacy in the first turn is very important. If you do it well, the Usa wont attack you. You could even become friends after a while. But that does also depend on diplomacy and your actions. Important ist also who you attack. Of course its good to attack the same country as the usa does.

As i understand the Mod it ist not a simulation of what happen. It is a simulation of what could have happend.

If you want alliances i think you must creat a custom game.

About fighters: Dont know that. I always use the best one ;-)

hm ... long time no word from asiox3, so i guess we will not see the patch for this version, but instead, maybe the new version for Civ5? ^^

IMHO, the mod is good, except geography. Cities are placed not there, where they should. I played both scenarios, and in 1941 scenario half of soviet cities look strange. Why, for example, Murmansk is placed in Karelia? It should be on the north of Kolskiy peninsula, 3 tiles to the north. Why a town called Uzbekistan is placed somewhere on Russia - Kazakhstan border?
If other issues like these will be fixed, the mod will be really better.
One more question: why player-built units get strange names like "T3476 7 (Dnepropetrovsk) (T34/76)"? Can you change the unit name generator to give names like "7th tank division"?
IMHO, the fighters are too strong. For example, I've lost 15 bombers without any results in one turn.

Which scenario were you playing on? I last played as the USSR but didn't notice those issues. I steamrolled over Poland and Hungary though :p

Hey I was abroad for couple of weeks.
I'll try to answer for all your questions soon.

For problem with crashing mod on vista and win7 try to run game as administrator. It helped many people.

I don't know if I'll release patch for this version - you know civ5 is looking interesting as a modding platform (currently it isn't but in few months it should be easier to make stuff for new civ). If it'll be mod like 1939 - probably not. My RL takes much more time than few years ago when I started modding. We'll see :)

Top Bottom