World War II again

Dadais

King
Hi, I'm working at the moment at another Scen about WWII.

taking place in Europe, as the official one, that shall be a battlefield-type scen only.
Winning by objectives, your tactical ability are the only way to achieve your goal.

I'm looking for help,

- to see bug, errors I've missed
- to find out all the people that makes this scen able to exist (designers)

Here's a screenshot about my work.

v01 link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VP8GIHKV
v02 link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47Z3M976

Thanks a lot for reading anyway !

3- Troops loss at first turn (deity lvl)

OK first thoughts - note Im starting out with the things Id have done differently so dont take it as saying I dont like the scenario :)
--------

It seems that all those barb cities create a huge land grab where you take lots of barb cities easily. In some places I suppose that is intentional like the SE europe and Poland but maybe not so much in the south asia area. I'd probably remove some roads at least to make that harder and to discourage the strategy.

Everywhere seems to have a bad case of food shortage immediatly not just a few cities but pretty much every city. I'm not sure that is right, although I can also see you wouldnt want the cities to be straight into WLTK day.

Also seems to be a resource shortage which results in loosing units. I think the germans could do with more strong fast land units to make their start more "blitz" but i did see they take paris which is good.probably this is compounded by your tanks forgotten bug....

I guess i'll look at city names and stuff like that more after this maybe thats what you want to focus on?

OK first thoughts - note Im starting out with the things Id have done differently so dont take it as saying I dont like the scenario :)
--------
Yep, that was the purpose, and thanks you again for giving time !

It seems that all those barb cities create a huge land grab where you take lots of barb cities easily. In some places I suppose that is intentional like the SE europe and Poland but maybe not so much in the south asia area. I'd probably remove some roads at least to make that harder and to discourage the strategy.
SE europe, Poland and Danemark are made for that rush from Germany yep.
Germany may even rush the vicking lands right after.
I guess I havn't found the balance yet between these barbarians cities' power and the time needed for french to get a little troops.

about SE Asia, that's mainly here for Turkish to get a little chance in that Ogre world, other than Greece/Albania.
I'm gonna equilibrate the zone by reducing fastness around these places through as suggerated. :)

Everywhere seems to have a bad case of food shortage immediatly not just a few cities but pretty much every city. I'm not sure that is right, although I can also see you wouldnt want the cities to be straight into WLTK day.
Well, this is going with reducing citizen consumption by one. getting the balance of food to aroud +5 is needed in your idea ?
mmmh not understanding everything here, sorry :D
"I can also see you wouldnt want the cities to be straight into WLTK day" ?

Also seems to be a resource shortage which results in loosing units. I think the germans could do with more strong fast land units to make their start more "blitz" but i did see they take paris which is good.
oopps :blush:
Well, adding new tanks to German may make French mission to resist impossible ?
Considering the Balkans' 4 majors cities + 2-3 polish cities may be taken in a single turn ...
"Also seems to be a resource shortage which results in loosing units"
not understanding that, sorry again :(

______
sorry for things I do not understand, as I'm new at discussing in English about scenarios. Frenchs are so useless with langages :blush:

I was playing on deity. as a result on my first turn as germany (i think) I got a lot of units disbanded because i did not have enough sheilds to support them.

I actually like the idea of turkey being almost impossible to win with - because that was the civ I wanted to try to find that "almost impossible" angle with. Well them, and of course the french! that is what I did with the origional WWII scenario. It was also a good vantage point to see if the AI played out the game anything like the actual WWII.

But maybe you are thinking of the game being played as a multiplayer?

WLTK is "we love the king day" that in democracy you will get plus 1 population per turn in each city if food is available. Its causes a big shift in power that you might not want.

Do the allies (or russians) have a tech they can research that will cause a shift in the balance of power? I think that is usually a good idea. Germany should have starting advantage and then loose it if possible.

I was playing on deity. as a result on my first turn as germany (i think) I got a lot of units disbanded because i did not have enough sheilds to support them.
To be fixed, same for other nations
I actually like the idea of turkey being almost impossible to win with - because that was the civ I wanted to try to find that "almost impossible" angle with. Well them, and of course the french! that is what I did with the origional WWII scenario. It was also a good vantage point to see if the AI played out the game anything like the actual WWII.
I guess AI don't care about history :(. though, using attitude, alliances, and the Maginot line, war is almost already declared.
But maybe you are thinking of the game being played as a multiplayer?
Too bad but ... at the moment I guess that's the less bad option for it :(
WLTK is "we love the king day" that in democracy you will get plus 1 population per turn in each city if food is available. Its causes a big shift in power that you might not want.
thanks ! :blush:
Do the allies (or russians) have a tech they can research that will cause a shift in the balance of power? I think that is usually a good idea. Germany should have starting advantage and then loose it if possible.
Well, they shall reach robotics that may boost production.

At the moment, the happenings are generaly :
Germany get greater thanks to barbarous.
War declared between France en Germany.
France is followed by Russia, England and USA.
Engand and Russia are slowing a little Germany into his conquer of france, until the American goes through the U-boats.
Little by little, Germany has to use more and more forces to counter Russians T-34.

In the mean time, Italy has a small advantage in Africa against french and get into war as Germans' forces are attacked.

I notice your "tanks" in some french cities at the start are called knights and dragoons? and they are at a tech level that you cant build anymore?

germans made peace with me as soon as i retook paris and being stuck in democracy i had to accept - that could make the game a bit boring and unrealistic - shouldn't the french/axis have mutual vendettas against eachother?

Otherwise i have to build lots of spies and use them to ruin my reputation - then I'll probably end up fighting the allies too...

A few things that I noticed:

1) Why are German forces deployed in 1936?

2) Fighter aircraft can capture cities.

3) Bombers are ineffective.

4) Units are improperly named.

Bombers are ineffective.

in what context? I was using hte stealth tech ones (yet another bad name) from trading with the turks.. (interesting that the turks would have a tech the french did not)

------
anyway

I played as the french and the natural strategy seemed to be to clean up the spanish barbarians then take on the italians which seemed the first group that turned on me.

oddly I couldnt get the germans to go to war with me and in fact they started attacking the italians. The italians did put up a decent fight though. then I ended up at war with the americans and the allies..

thinking i would want to join the barb land- grab in scandanavia or somthing next time.

I notice your "tanks" in some french cities at the start are called knights and dragoons? and they are at a tech level that you cant build anymore?
What The F**** ???? :confused:
germans made peace with me as soon as i retook paris and being stuck in democracy i had to accept - that could make the game a bit boring and unrealistic - shouldn't the french/axis have mutual vendettas against eachother?
Otherwise i have to build lots of spies and use them to ruin my reputation - then I'll probably end up fighting the allies too...
True.
Vendetta shall be extended to some other relations too.

A few things that I noticed:

1) Why are German forces deployed in 1936?

2) Fighter aircraft can capture cities.

3) Bombers are ineffective.

4) Units are improperly named.
1/ German's already performed their armement, and occupied the Ruhr. +, 1936 is the begin for them to take advantages in Balkans.
2/ Huuuu ? Gonna test all of them this night.
3/ maybe a little bit too fragile. Gonna take care of that.
4/ mmmhm may you precise please ?

:)

oddly I couldnt get the germans to go to war with me and in fact they started attacking the italians. The italians did put up a decent fight though. then I ended up at war with the americans and the allies..

I hope vendetta's shall fix some diplomatics happennings. :sad:

Rules changed (bomber more powerfull, general food production boost)
Events debbuged and set in use (diplomacy facilities)
savegame changed (units' hometown, vendettas, roads in SE, barb troops in SE)

I tried a game as Turkish to interfère as few as possible in main envents.
Although computers are definitly hopeless, I'm pretty surprised about the happenings :

*changing first post screenshot*
*adding a link to modified scenario*

:goodjob:
Still ... there's some more to do...
What have I forgotten ?

aaaargh IMPORTANT INFO.

If you're playing with the english version of civilisation, you shall have to turn all .fre files into .txt files (by renaming them)

At the moment, if playing with english version without doing that little fix, you're gonna play with classcs civilisations' rules, just with strange graphics.
:D

I'm creating .txt files corresponding to .fr ones, trying to be as accurate as possible in traductions.

Top Bottom