1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II European Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I can't think any measure other then deleting Railroads and replace them only with roads.

2. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

Sadly I have hard time downloading from AtomicGamer.com. I tried Opera, Netscape and Firefox with and without firewall and accepting all popups and cokies. The download windows appears but no timers is on and when its there it disapears afters a refresh.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I don't understand. I never had a problem with Atomicgamer. Did you successfully DL it and if is that so what do you think about game?

4. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

I was never able to download the game (I downloaded many others scenario from other host) Maybe its a browser setting or my provider or the feared 'who know !'. Anyway any suggestion is mostly appreciated and it look awsome scenario. The screen shoot remind me of Blitzkrieg 1 & 2.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

From which host did you DL other scenarios? I can put there this one and that allows you to dl.

6. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

I downloaded Fall from heaven civ 4 from http://www.moddb.com and Barbarosa 2 from http://www.stormoverciv.net as an example.
    Amazingly I have Rise and fall of the roman empire from Atomicgamer.com but the download date on my pc is october 2010. It mean I was able to get files from them before but not anymore.

I posted on Atomicgamer about my issue and awayting answer for now.

Thank you for your attention, your scenario look great thats why I asked.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Ok, I will put scenario on those sites. Thx

8. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

Hello, I was able to download the files from another pc...Maybe its time I do the long avoided reinstall. I will try it and tell you about it.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Good, I've put this BiQ file on moddb.com, but if won't upload the main file.
    I don't know what is problem. I also try put it to strategy informer site and they say that is too large. so I was able to put this only on Atomic gamer.
    But still I want to put this to any other site i order to have alternate DL.

Please inform me of your progress, but soon I'll upload new Biq file when i finished it and its going to have few improvments.

10. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

I played a few turn as the British and it very good. I was abash at first by the in Canada and Africa but it can be managed. The stack of gold at the begining is quite usefull, i bought some strong Matilda II in Africa and Airports here and there to connect all the cities. So far so good for now, I hold the line in north Africa, meanwhile the spitfire in Britain get down like flies. Italy tried to force into Atlantic but I moved an extra stack of ship toward Gibraltar yo help those already there so everythings fine for now except for what was called the battle of britain. Maybe I will have to use the mosquito for air superiority instead of bombing.

- The graphic is very nice. And also the main screen (Lots of work there)
    - I love classic music, it seem there is only one song tough.
    - The map is big with many city and the game is still fast pacing.
    - There is no production at all in Canada because of corruption, maybe a parliament in ottawa should help a little

as a side note you can look at http://wwii.ca/content-17/world-war-ii/canadian-war-industry/
    to have an idea. But in any case i only played 10 or so turn and maybe the scenarion is balanced like that. I will have to play more turn to see.

I noticed that Infantry cant be airlifted but troop transport (truck) can so I used them to carry Infantry from Britain to Africa via airlift. I am not sure if it is what you planed.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Thank you for report. I will make one or two wonders that will produce units in Canada.
    The Matilda II were called queen of desert because of they preformance in Africa and I see that they serve you good too. There is actually three music but they are similar. I'll trying to find appropriate music and will include it in updated files.
    As for Trucks do you tell me that if you put infantry in Trucks they can airlift with units that carry? I thought that is impossible. I give Trucks airlift because they can't be boarded in sea transport. I never try that so I did not know. But I will delete Trucks and replace them with Motorized infantries because AI never use Trucks and then they are a huge advantage to human player. I also have plans to make able for some countries to have resource let say German Industry and nations which are not in war against Germany could buy resource that they can built German tanks or aircraft.
    Also I will add few more units, but civilopedia for units will have to wait because I'm very busy. But I will make civilopedia for wonders and Improvements. As soon as I have enough time to complete for unit I'll do it, but there is around 600 units I will need some time.

12. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Chieftain

Nexxo, this looks very good so far. I want to finish up my AOI game first, but I plan to play out a full game of WWII European Front as soon as I can. I like the abundance of units, as it makes the computer a more scrappy opponent. Horner sounds great, too. Makes me want to gander over to Sasha's for a shoe-shine and maybe some bacon and chocolate.

I'll post some more when I get my game rolling. Good work.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Thx. I hope that you will enjoy it;)

14. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

I finished my first game. Well, i lost a victory point loss in week 4 1942. Damn, I just put ashore my first group on France. Well maybe the timer need adjustment.

my observation are;

- The German know very well to use his planes. If you are not carefull you can be back to stone age.

- The number of Italian Ships in Med seem ok, to deal with that I have to bring a considerable amount of ships.

- The situation in Africa at start is very hot but with skill it is soon easy. I was far to be ready to invade Italy due to lack of transport ship. (next time I will alocate money to buy them in Africa coast.

- I saw i global warming warning, you want to have that ?

On the overall is is very good and harder than other scenarios I saw.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Thx for your report.

The global warming I don't want and I will remove it.
    I did not want give allies transport ships right from the start because i don't want that they landed they troops early one in the game.

Soon I'll release new files which will have much improvements.
    Could you tell me how was Germans handling with Russia. Which side was winning and are Americans capture some cities in Europe?

16. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

Germany is far from Moscow ans Stalingrad but there is a huge gap with no cities betwen Axis and Russia. It Appear there was no advance on eighter side for some turn. America didnt captured any cities, all I saw of them is ships bombardment but no transport with them. The German was very busy building transport tough and is I wasnt scouting the sea they could have landed troups.

17. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Chieftain

I just found out the Civ3Conquests_NoRaze_NCL.exe included in teh download. This will change the mechanic of the scenario considerably I think.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Yeah. I forgot put the instructions for No Raze patch which should be used because AI often raze cities.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

It was 102 DL in 20 days so I would like to hear of someone else impressions about scenario.;)

20. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

I found the same problem. We have to keep so many citizens as entertainers that no one is working. Even the largest city takes 10 turns to make 1 worker...