1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II European Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Well, every scenario cover certain period. I especily like WWII because technology was changing rapidly and tanks and aircraft from start was obsolete on the end.
    There's no right way to play scenario. You can play with only five nations. West hold USA and British Empire, east is under Soviets and Axis are in middle. The funniest is play as one of Axis because they have two fronts to deal with and third front which will come later.

As for scenario making learn to add units first.
    In text folder you need to have pediaicons text. Open that and let say that you wish to add T-55 tank. You need to have T-55 folder in art/units folder and in it folder must be ini file with same name. At the end is Animations where you need to wrote ANIMNAME_PRTO_T-55
    T-55

The name of units here must match the name of units folder in Units.
    As for civilopedia pictures you need in certain section in pediaicons wrote
    #ICON_PRTO_T-55
    art\civilopedia\icons\units\T-55LG.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\units\T-55SM.pcx

T-55LG and T-55SM must match the names of pictures of that unit that you move civilopedia/icons/units folder. This pictures come with every units which you can download at this forum.

Then you can add unit to Biq where you can edit anything else. In biq you can rename civilizations or wonders and buildings to the tech and etc...
    When you start you'll see that this is not very complicated

If I can help you with something else let me know

2. Civnutplayer

Civnutplayer Chieftain

Thanks, Nexxo.

I guess just one more question (for now; there will be lots more later, I'm sure):

can you recommend your top CIV III scenarios others have uploaded that you've at least seen if not actually played?

It's kind of funny. I'm busy as all get out, working on cleaning up my filing system at home. And then I stumble on this darn site, a site that is all about one of my favorite ever computer simulation games. (The others were Pharaoh, Sim City, The Sims, and two economic ones: Capitalism and Railroad Tycoon.)

But as for empire building that does a pretty good job of following real world history, I'd say Sid Meir has it beat hands down.

Civnutplayer

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

There's many quality scenarios made by many users.

My favorites are:
    1. Great War about first world war on European map. There's only problem with long turns time as well it take long to upload.
    2. Age of Imperialism on world map which is very interesting period.
    3. Cold war also world map.
    4. Operation Barbarossa.
    5. Napoleonic War II.

If you like Ancient scenarios, try my Ancient World and Hegemon about Ancient Greece made by Rambuchan.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

New version 1.1 is uploaded.

Many changes was made in balancing game and unfortunately I didn't have time to make civilopedia except for buildings and wonders and I cant promise how soon will that take because RL stuff keep me busy.

I hope that you will try it and tell me your impressions.:)
    Any criticism is welcome.

5. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

:confused:You need Premium membership to download this file. :eek:Can you try another site or break it down to smaller parts that don't need Premium ?:crazyeye:

new link worked, first one didn't. will tell about how this works sometime later this week.:goodjob:

6. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

You don't need premium it say to dl faster you need premium. Regular dl is on bottom of site. When pressed regular dl you need to wait about 2 minutes and then it starts. Usually I would put scenario on Atomicgamer but lately it don't work and it won't upload anything bigger then biq size files.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Okay, I've put new link for dl from filehosting.org. Something is wrong because I can't upload to any other site. Every where I press upload button and it won't start.

8. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Greetings

I've spent a few hours testing the UK. And I have a few questions and problems:
    -what are grain ships for? I can't put anyone inside them: infantry, artillery, nothing;
    -why is Vichy France allied with the germans? They had an enforced neutrality which, along with other things, forced their share of the french fleet to stay in harbout. But in game, the poor UK gets to face the massive french mediterraneum fleet (the very thing Churchill feared, and caused the attack on Oran), not to mention attacks from Syria. Shouldn't Vichy be neutral?
    -should the UK be so "sad"? Every city size 8 or above I have needs 3-5 "happy faces" to counter saddness; brit high moral and steadfastness should be countering this;
    -the lack of a way of going around Africa means the 8th army is completely cut off untill UK/US invades from Tunisia/Moroco;

I liked the idea of making the Free French independent. Really conveys how much their atitude could be a pain in the allied but. :goodjob:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Thank you for report.

Grainships transport units with tactical missile flag which include tanks and all armored vehicle.

Vichy France was neutral until Attack on Mers-el-Kébir. After that they were fighting with UK in Syria, Africa etc... You can see in this link that Vichy France was active belligerent until operation Torch in 1942.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean,_Middle_East_and_African_theatres_of_World_War_II

Also British Fleet outnumber Italians and Vichy France in total ship number in Mediterranean plus UK have carriers and air force greater then Italians and French.
    If Vichy France remain neutral then it would be too easy for UK against Italians.

The British sadness is I guess result that they don't have its own wonder that make people happy like Americans who have Statue of Liberty from the beginning but after they research medium tank destroyers they can in one turn build Lend Lease Canada wonder that produce Canadian version of M4A1 Grizzly every 5 turns, produce 100 golds per turn and because American support that make British people happy.
    You can build that wonder only on Canadian soil.

10. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

OOO! Thanks :)

Yes, but the fleet never sailed anywhere. I'll fold on the Syrian front, but the fighting during Torch was only in response to a direct assault... and even then, it didn't last long.

The combined french and italian fleets are stacked near center all close to each other. The RN is spread over 3 bases, with very little air cover. And they'd have to sail over submarine-infested waters. I've had to keep both the Malta and Gibraltar-based units where they are, to avoid being blown out of the water. I'm raiding from Gibraltar, quick hit-run-go-back charges, trying to bombard those around Morocco, but I'm still very outnumbered.

That is still a looong way off... I'm still in "Winter Warfare". And it's hardly fair... Trafalgar Square? Buckingham Palace? British Museum? Big Ben?

11. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I could add some special wonder for British in update.:)

Also I add different armies so that you can build Infantry Army, Armored(or in German Panzergruppe) army and motorized army. Infantry Army transport only foot units, Armored army transport tactical missiles units and motorized army transport motorized units(units that have both tactical missiles and foot units flags) and Germany also have SS version of all those armies.

Also all battleship and cruisers can transport one tactical missile units but instead transporting one tank which don't change anything on battlefield but you can upload seaplane so simulate aircraft recon from capital ships. Seaplanes are immobile and they serve as observation units and they can't be uploaded to ship like regular planes to a carrier but you can only upload them in port.

Grainship name was actually mistake because I wan't that flag units have tactical flag to simulate food and supply transport but I change that because I wan't to have different armies. I have idea which will enable that grainship will transport supplies but i need to test it.

12. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Greetings again.

One of my canadian cities is about the build the "lend lease". However, in the turn it comes up, this pops up:

The pediacons file has no mention of that WON_SPLASH etc...

13. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Sorry I will fix that in few days.
    I always make that all units work but I forgot about wonders.
    Sorry again because I hate that when you play and then encounter error and you loose hours of playing. But you can still continue game without me uploading new files. You just go in editor and Wonders at end of line Lend Lease Canada, Lend Lease France and Stalingrad Atrillery Factory turn into improvements because they are connected with certain planes with resource which need to be in city radius to start building them.

14. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Did that, didn't work. Does this change only afects new games?

15. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I think that new game will work. One more thing. You just need to change Stalingrad Artillery factory by add resource Stalingrad which already exist and make that improvements need that resource within city limits so that can be build only in Stalingrad.

16. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

I found an error while browsing the tech tree and looking Civilopedia entries of the units in there. Here's the error message:

Hope you can fix this!

17. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I will for new version which will be uploaded in few days.

18. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

Great! I can't wait! This is a great scenario and even though it isn't complete yet, it shows great potential for an even greater scenario! WWII is the most interesting point of history in my opinion. If I had time I would help but unfortunately I don't. =(

19. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Thank you. I also have plan to make World Front and Pacific Front but that will take some time.

20. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Since I don't have time to restart (work, work, work...) I've decided to keep going, without building the Lend Lease.

Now I have another problem: upgrades. I want to upgrade my Spitfire II to VB, but I can't seem to be able to, despite the unit's descripion saying so. I have the IIs in a city with Airport and Barracks, but can't upgrade. Any ideas?