1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II European Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

OK thanks for the info the upgrading makes sense. I can see pros and cons for the Soviets joining the Allies-the points will be more equal but a war if the Germans are vanquished could be fun. I can keep providing updates if you'd like I will definitely be playing deep into the game as several different civs.
    Also, the Axis have made very limited progress against the Soviets and in North Africa yet they already have 317,000 VP and are gaining roughly 5,000 per turn. At that rate, they'll win in 54 turns, 82 overall plus or minus a few.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I'm very thankful for updates and it will help me make this scenario better.
    As for VP maybe game goal should be conquest of 66% domination rather then VP which in all out war are easily to gain.
    Now there is many new WW2 units from Gwendoline and Delta Strife which will give better look to this scenario.
    I will upload new version in few days.

3. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

Again, more of my opinion but I like the VP system with VP cities which can make the historically important cities more important in the scenario. If the limit was doubled to 1,000,000 or even tripled there would be more time.
    I just built the Hellcat unit and it has no airplane functions available like rebase recon or bombard and I tried the letter shortcuts like R and they don't work either and it won't move like a regular land unit.
    I've also built units like the M-15 AAA and the mountain gun but I can't seem to load them into anything to move them across the Atlantic. They don't load into medium landing craft, grainship and obviously troopship. Is it the supply transport ship or LST? All of the transport ships are confusing in what they carry.

Edit: The mountain gun can load into troopship my mistake. The Sherman Calliope does not have a bombardment option.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I can increase VP only to 1,000,000 and that is highest that it can go.
    I can put VP locations only to important cities and reduce VP gain when you destroy units and few more stuff.
    Hellcat is fixed. Also M-15 AAA and few more US armored units didn't have tactical missile flag which have all armored units so that they can be loaded only into armored sea transporter. I don't understand why mountain gun can't be loaded into Troopship because it have foot unit flag checked. I will also make difference between names for transport ships.

5. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Chieftain

It looks good. I love this map's graphics, I will be downloading soon.

6. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Chieftain

Sorry, but how do I download so I can play it in my Civilization 3?

7. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Chieftain

Do these maps work with a gamestop digital download of the game? I do have Civ3Conquests Editor though? I then move the downloaded file to C:/2K Games/Civilization III Complete/Conquests/Senarios. I can't play this cause it's a rar file and not a biq file and when I change the name from example.rar to example.biq the game shows the file in Civ Content but won't play the "corrupted" file. Please help!

8. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

New version is uploaded.
    I fix some mistakes and add many new units from creators like Delta Strife, Gwendoline, Wyrmshadow etc...
    Also I fix mistakes concerning units on which Infinit8 warn me about so thank you Infinit8 for your effort.
    VP goal is now 1.000.000.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I don't understand what you trying to tell me. If you don't have winrar the you can DL free version of it and use it for 30 days if I'm not mistaking.

10. Arexander

Arexander Trucker

When you have the .rar-file, download and install WinRar if you don't have it already and then double-click the .rar-file. Extract it to the Scenarios-folder and you're all set. Then just download the .biq-file from the first post of this topic.

11. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Chieftain

ok, so I need winrar, thank you!

12. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I have problem when uploading scenarios to the host so in first page there is my access code for that site. When DL main file just enter my data when needed and everything should work fine.

13. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Chieftain

14. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

If I download the new version will my save game from the previous one still work? If not I'll wait until I finish my current one.
    And Nexxo I can't upgrade anything. I've tried many combos like P-51B to P-51D Mustang in a city with all the necessary things. Maybe it's something I have done wrong or the older version but anyway it's not a huge problem.
    The Catalina and Coronado units are glitchy. Sometimes they don't bomb targets that are in the red grid. The transport aircraft doesn't work. I also suggest giving more workers to all the civs as starting units because the AI aren't building that many. The Germans haven't repaired craters I made with B-17s at the beginning of the game.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Ok I will take a look to Biq and upload new.
    As for save game I'm not sure because I did change few things. You better finish with this one and then DL new.

16. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

On my game the Axis won and reached 500,000 VP on turn 65. Allies had 369,000 with me conquering all of North Africa and half of Italy. Soviets had 144,000.
    The US Tank Army doesn't load tanks it only takes infantry.
    I didn't know the Firefly was that bad. You earn it very late in the game and it has only 21 attack.
    Are all of the units that don't have sound going to have their sound effects added?

17. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Thanks for US army mistake I'll fixed.
    Firefly have attack equal to German Panther but Panther have better armor and its more mobile. Even Comet tank have same attack because both have 17 pdr guns.
    This scenario take much units stats from game Panzer General.
    I will add sound to units that miss it.

18. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

Do you have to kill all units to destroy a civilization?
    And about the Firefly, I was just surprised it's unlocked so late. Production began at the beginning of 44 and the Firefly is unlocked more towards the end of 44. And both the British and Americans can use it, right? I'm stuck at 15 attack units like Hellcat Wolverine and M4A3.

19. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

Firstly great scenario - am in turn 111 playing on Sid Level as the Allies.

My issue - Allies are contiually in anarchy - cannot get them out - just about to go into consecutive 3rd term of Anarchy..... is this tight?

So I crash built churches/catherderals/police stations. Made sure not a single city went into discord. and after 1 turn back in democracy - set happiness to 90% - and still went into anarchy again....so now am facing a total 0f 25 turns in anarchy out of 27....

This is very frustrating and will stop me playing this scenario - which I dont want to happen as I enjoy it :)

Help please

20. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

So played another 6 turns - out of anarchy for 1 turn - straight back in - there has to be a solution for this surely?